Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
as the heading suggest, yesterday I discovered a rubber tube that was broken, see pics.. What is this tube, and how does this affect the performance? I can hear a low simmer, and I can feel the suction making a vacuum when i put my finger in the hole..

I hope it´s not very destructive for the engine running with this thing off?:confused: (I will of course order a new one first thing monday morning, I just need to know what it is I´m ordering.. :) )

Thanks.

ama
(who is NOT a mechanic.. :rolleyes: )

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I believe this is the vapour return pipe from the petrol tank. Your AR parts man will know what you mean. It might be a pain to fit though.

I am not a mechanic either but have seen a previous post.

hope this helps.

I was not aware of a v6 turbo, How many bhp ?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Yes that is the petrol vapour recovery system.
The vapour is fed into a charcoal canister, it is then pulled from that into the engine intake at the request of the ECU.

You potentially have petrol vapour floating around in the engine bay, so not ideal...!

I was not aware of a v6 turbo, How many bhp ?
205bhp
It is a 2.0 12v V6 Turbo.
They were mainly for the Italian market to get round the heavier tax on cars over 2L.
It was used in the 164, GTV/Spider & 166.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
edit: thx for quick response btw :)
Yes that is the petrol vapour recovery system.
The vapour is fed into a charcoal canister, it is then pulled from that into the engine intake at the request of the ECU.
Have tried to google it without any luck, any tips where to get it online? And is it the tee fitting as marked in pic below?? or am I way off? (the mechanic today suggested that this might be the one... not an alfa-mechanic though..)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts