Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Recently i bought a used wiesmann hardtop. The problem is that part of the rubber seal it's different from the original one so especially in one side the window is not able to close 100% .Does anybody had any similar issue or idea to help?
I tried to contact with wiesman in order to ask for new rubber seal but i did not get any answer in my e-mail.

Thank in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I have a feeling that they went bust a couple of years ago, but I may be wrong

Can you post close up photos showing the seals.

I will go the same with my wiesman hardtop over the weekend

Rich

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It looks like the window is pushed out at the top outside of runner on the window frame. This happens to mine, and needs adjusting for both hard and soft tops. I have to press the window glass as I shut the door to make sure the glass is in the runner.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hi, here are some pics of my car with the wiesman hardtop. The 1st two are close ups of left & right sides. I've noticed that on the right side, the seal on the top of window frame overlaps slightly the hardtop. The left side does not. I think the hardtop is not centred exactly.

The next photo show the glass correctly in the windscreen 'runner'. This means the glass is pressing on the hardtop seal. Your picture shows it squashing the seal upwards, which I think stops the glass sitting correctly

What happens if you shut the door with the glass fully up? And also if you press the front top of the glass as you close the door?

My seals are the same both sides, are yours very different?

Hope this helps

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely as you can see in my photos it misses part of the hardtop in the top end ( it looks like someone has cut it wrong) Also it this rubber seal slightly harder than the other one. So i guess its newer in comparison with the other one :/

Tommorow i will have the car again so i will be able to have better pictures :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The seals certainly look thicker than the seals on my hardtop. I guess new seals would be the solution!! I've no idea where you could get them! Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Just a thought... If you removed the seal and cut the top seal lengthways to remove some bulk, would that make the window fit better?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will give it a try
Is it possilbe to measure the dimensions of your seal? Especially thickness?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I will give it a try
Is it possilbe to measure the dimensions of your seal? Especially thickness?

Thanks in advance
When flattened, the seal is 28mm high, and approx 6m thick (2 x 2.5-3.0mm rubber/neoprene)

I noticed when shut, only the top part of the seal is in contact with the window

Hope this helps

Rich ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rich :)
Positive news you can not notice ''hole'' anymore, no water semms to get in...but still definitely i can hear wind inside the car :S

According to wiesmann website i checked all their representives shops in Europe and i send them an email about my issue.Most of the email adress are not valid anymore and i received only one email supporting that there is a chance to have some rubber seals ...but still not a clear answer . Btw they asked me the length of the rubber that i need which i did not really understnd why they need it

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If you manage to get a seal, can you forward on the email/ company details? One of my seals has split where the top rear edge of the glass fits !!!

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will ask him becasue if i remember (The first time i spoke with him) correct he told me they have rubbers only for the side :s
But let me ask him again to be 100% sure

1 - 20 of 25 Posts