Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Ive got a Minari Road Sport with the alfasud fuel tank, it has a rubber elbow from the tank to the filler pipe which I believe is from the alfasud.

Mine has several holes and splits in it and I had to bodge it with a morris minor inner tube on the outside to get my car back from bristol.

I can find very little reference to it but I did manage to find a brand new one on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfasud-Sprint-and-Alfa-33-fuel-tank-hose-New-/260850265582). The thing that got me was that its 20-32 working days shipping! :wow:

I need it sooner then that and with it being christmas and all I doubt id get it before the new year.

Does anybody have a good one laying around that they would be willing to sell me? It would help me out an awful lot! Or does anybody know of anywhere in the UK that sells them?

Thanks!

Adam

V

·
0 Posts
Hi all,
Ive got a Minari Road Sport with the alfasud fuel tank, it has a rubber elbow from the tank to the filler pipe which I believe is from the alfasud.

Mine has several holes and splits in it and I had to bodge it with a morris minor inner tube on the outside to get my car back from bristol.

I can find very little reference to it but I did manage to find a brand new one on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfasud-Sprint-and-Alfa-33-fuel-tank-hose-New-/260850265582). The thing that got me was that its 20-32 working days shipping! :wow:

I need it sooner then that and with it being christmas and all I doubt id get it before the new year.

Does anybody have a good one laying around that they would be willing to sell me? It would help me out an awful lot! Or does anybody know of anywhere in the UK that sells them?

Thanks!

Adam
I bought 1 off e-bay Italy earlier in the year, delivery was about a week so if you can't locate one in the UK then maybe e-bay italy might be a good place, seem to remember it was about £15 + postage

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi guys,
Thanks for the help. Ive now bought one off another forum member.

Much appreciated!

Adam
Hi Adam :thumbs:

Good to hear you got the hose sorted. :)

You might find in the near future you will want to carry out a modification on the fuel filler system, the reason is due to losing fuel via the petrol cap whenever turning right with reasonable gusto and nearly always at roundabouts.

Hopefully I will be getting it done to mine over the winter; basically it involves a re-site of the fuel filler orifice to the top of the car’s body. Two members have done it so far.

One has taken the original components and installed them in the top of the rear wing above the original position and the using additional tubing routed through the body voids connects onto the pipe you have just bought, this looks better than it sounds.

The second has used one of the so called “racing style” fuel filler kits available from tuning shops etc and mounted the filler centrally on the rear hump behind the passenger compartment; again pipework is routed through the voids to connect with the original fuel hose.

I have included a photo with a couple of black blobs to show the locations.

Another method to reduce or prevent fuel spillage is the insertion of a piece of sponge on a string into the fuel filler neck, this method has been successfully used by MarkP2 who is on this forum and a fellow Minari RS owner. This photo shows my variation, the copper tube is used to push the sponge down the fuel filler neck and negates the need to carry a stick for that task.

Where about are you in Bedfordshire? I am based in Dunstable and it would be good to meet up with you. My car is at this time up at Alfa Tech Racing in Northampton being readied for an engine transplant, 1500cc 8V to 1700cc 8V. The link will take you to another thread on here where I posted some photos of my engine.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-33-sud-and-sprint/306746-nice-surprise-today.html

Regards

Paul. :thumbs:;):)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts