Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for parts to arrive for the 156 and the feckers are on strike again.....

who the hell do they think they are just deciding to go out on strike, i'm waiting for a part....but there are people i know who are waiting for far more important things....

i only wish there was some sort of competitor to RM, that way they would realise that they have to actually work for their money....

they have had it too easy for too long

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Best one that I've had happen is when you sit in the house waiting for a delivery, walk past the front door and there is a freaking note saying " we tried to deliver but there was nobody home"

Meaning I've got to drive to the srting office and do their effin job.:mad:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i only wish there was some sort of competitor to RM, that way they would realise that they have to actually work for their money....

they have had it too easy for too long
There are several competitors to the Royal Mail, but they're allowed to cherry pick the work they do, so go with the most valuable service. Whereas the Royal Mail hove no say what they will or won't deliver.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They may have valid reason to strike, but I don't think they are doing themselves any good in doing so. All they are doing is p***ing of their customers.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They may have valid reason to strike, but I don't think they are doing themselves any good in doing so. All they are doing is p***ing of their customers.
Eddie, i totally agree, if there is something to complain about then do it in a civilised manner...

Striking, to me, has always been a way of getting the management over a barrel by letting the customer down, ultimately everyone loses.....you only have to look at British Leyland to validate that...

the argument stems back to an agreement that was ratified 18 months ago, which was the last time RM went out on strike, now the time has come to put that agreement into place they (workers) have decided the change their mind and reject the offer.....

err too late now chaps :tut:

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
hang on a minute.... my father-in-law's a post man :p

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eddie, i totally agree, if there is something to complain about then do it in a civilised manner...

Striking, to me, has always been a way of getting the management over a barrel by letting the customer down, ultimately everyone loses.....you only have to look at British Leyland to validate that...
I think people should also bear in mind that you're not in posession of the full facts. I've told a story before on here about a time my workforce voted for strike action:

We were offered a substantial pay increase of 5.1% but the demands in return for that increase were substantial themselves. It meant a complete rework of the way we did things, and much worse conditions of service. Also it cut back a lot of longstanding agreements for new starters, so we'd have two groups of workers on two differing conditions - which is a situation to be avoided at all times IMO.

So we voted no, and after months and months of talks (several of which the company walked out of or flat out didn't turn up for) we eventually balloted for strike action, which was overwhelmingly agreed with (about 95% of the workforce voted yes to industrial action)

Of course the media got hold of this and reported that 'Greedy train drivers strike despite 5.1% pay offer' and didn't say anything else about the deal.

We were the bad guys, naturally. How dare we hold people to ransom? and all the usualy blather from the media outlets.

What of course wasn't reported was that we held talks up to the last minute, and called the strike off when agreement was reached.

We accepted minimal change to our conditions, and a small rise in line with inflation, and averted a strike.

But the media didn't report that at all.

I suppose that just wasn't newsworthy.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh hells bells, why did I come back in the rant room!

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I think it should be made illegal for them to strike.

I couldn't go on strike like them if I was unhappy with my job but then I work in the private sector. :rant:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have about 8-10 parcels going out a day, and now have 15 disputes open on paypal because of the dull ***** at royal mail. You pay for a service that they dont give. 1st class is taking 4 weeks, but if you send it recorded which is 75p more expensive then it gets there next day, so they pick and choose what they want to deliver.

And customers of mine dont help by sending an email starting with "i know that royal mail is on strike and have the tracking number but where are my graphics" F**ck off you have just answered your own question. :mad:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it should be made illegal for them to strike.

I couldn't go on strike like them if I was unhappy with my job but then I work in the private sector. :rant:
I work in the private sector and I'm allowed to go on strike. In fact, almost anyone is allowed to go on strike.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hang on a minute.... my father-in-law's a post man :p
all the posties round here are still working, they have chosen not to strike, and they are delivering what little mail they are given/gets through

i have the utmost respect for the posties, i couldn't walk round in the middle of winter for what they get paid. Talking to them the issues seem to be in the sorting offices and yet its them and the guys in the post offices that get it in the neck

·
Registered
277 Posts
If my company decided to change my contract more hours/less pay then i would have to like it or lump it we are in tough times and there are plenty of people prepared to work so give them a chance. i am glad to be employed at the moment let alone moan about extra hours or a pay cut.:confused:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
If my company decided to change my contract more hours/less pay then i would have to like it or lump it we are in tough times and there are plenty of people prepared to work so give them a chance. i am glad to be employed at the moment let alone moan about extra hours or a pay cut.:confused:
:thumbs:

The teachers made me chukkle a few months ago. Last year they weren't happy with a 2% pay rise as inflation was at 4%ish yet now we have no inflation they still wanted a pay rise IIRC. :lol: Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

The unions have got far to much power these days.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts