Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Soon the engine will be purring again and all the anxiety and deliberation a distance memory.

Ask if they can take a few photos along the way, they sent me a few with the engine out, something for the Alfa album. (It was the Bedford branch though).

Getting any upgrades done at the same time?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soon the engine will be purring again and all the anxiety and deliberation a distance memory.

Ask if they can take a few photos along the way, they sent me a few with the engine out, something for the Alfa album. (It was the Bedford branch though).

Getting any upgrades done at the same time?
I am going to take a drive to Bournemouth to autolusso, take some photos then. I was planning on wizard manifold but depends on cost of repair.... But the wizard manifold would be icing on the cake for'rovero'... ? Also if they take bumper off I have new bottom grill as one of the chrome bars is cracked.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
74 Posts
I am going to take a drive to Bournemouth to autolusso, take some photos then. I was planning on wizard manifold but depends on cost of repair.... But the wizard manifold would be icing on the cake for'rovero'... ? Also if they take bumper off I have new bottom grill as one of the chrome bars is cracked.
Good to hear it's getting repaired, I have a soft spot for black Phase 3s ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny you say that, mine has a red interior!
Black with red interior is very cool combination. Rovero originally had tan interior, but I just didn't like it so replaced with black p3 interior...... With red seat belts. ?

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
74 Posts
Black with red interior is very cool combination. Rovero originally had tan interior, but I just didn't like it so replaced with black p3 interior...... With red seat belts. ?
Very nice, tan in anything but a white car does not work for me

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good to hear your car is in good hands and will soon be back on the road.

Reactions: Phase3dude

·
Registered
316 Posts
Any news? I had my belts et al done and the/my belt anxiety has rescinded once again been enjoying the car last day or so especially the noise from the V6.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any news? I had my belts et al done and the/my belt anxiety has rescinded once again been enjoying the car last day or so especially the noise from the V6.
No news yet but Laurence did say won't start on it til this week. I manged to sell exhaust bits so hopefully will be able to get a wizard manifold fitted whilst engine out. Did you get pulleys and tensioner done as well?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is all well and the Gtv back on the road? Any upgrades done?
Thanks for asking... Not ready yet but being worked on. Discovered worn crank shells so getting that fixed as well as new clutch whilst engine out. Was hoping for wizard cat less manifold but as engine rebuild would blow the budget🙄 I will have to revisit the manifolds at a later date when return to 'normal'..... I hope all this fixing doesn't take away the engines character.... I mean that car is one crazy animal..... 🍀

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks for asking... Not ready yet but being worked on. Discovered worn crank shells so getting that fixed as well as new clutch whilst engine out. Was hoping for wizard cat less manifold but as engine rebuild would blow the budget🙄 I will have to revisit the manifolds at a later date when return to 'normal'..... I hope all this fixing doesn't take away the engines character.... I mean that car is one crazy animal..... 🍀
If it's not too late and budget creep allowed then whilst the engine and clutch is out, get a q2 diff or the equivalent fitted. Should just charge you for the part. (£500 about 10 years ago when I was in your position).

Your engine will still sound and feel great. The v6 can't be tamed so easily

·
Registered
287 Posts
If it's not too late and budget creep allowed then whilst the engine and clutch is out, get a q2 diff or the equivalent fitted. Should just charge you for the part. (£500 about 10 years ago when I was in your position).

Your engine will still sound and feel great. The v6 can't be tamed so easily
I was under the misapprehension that the 3.2 came with the Q2 as standard in the GTV.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was under the misapprehension that the 3.2 came with the Q2 as standard in the GTV.
Q2 was only an option on the GT and 147. Think the Gtv had ceased production by then.

Fortunately the part fitted the Gtv too.

I assume the GTA's had it as standard.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Q2 was only an option on the GT and 147. Think the Gtv had ceased production by then.

Fortunately the part fitted the Gtv too.

I assume the GTA's had it as standard.
Unfortunately not. Some GTAs suffered from diff failure, a good solution to this is fitting the Q2 diff.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts