Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had to use the wife's car (a Freelander) to go the the vets. I was in a bit of a hurry becasue one of the cats had half killed a mouse, and I was taking it down to get it put out of it's pain. :(

Anyway, no sooner have I set of when I get stuck behind a Rover 45. Fair enough, he was doing 30mph in the village, but then we turned down a road with a 60mph limit, and he stuck to 30. I couldn't over take due to the nature of the road and the traffic coming towards us. We get to a slight hump in the road, and he then slows down to 20mph!!! :mad:

Finally, we get to the end of the road and I'm praying he's turning left as I'm going right - but no such luck :cry: I then have to follow him for 3 miles - he going no faster than 40 mph on a road I comfortably drive at 60 mph on. Every time someone drives towards him he brakes :mad: Then, to top it all, we get to a sharp bend in the road, and he comes to a complete standstill :wow: I had to brake really hard to avoid going in the back of him.

Why do they give such half wits driving licenses :rant: Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

(Thank you, I feel better for getting that of my chest :D)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, a few years ago my wife tried doing a similar thing with a brick, and it took 3 attempt :(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's very true :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
It appears you're more of a pussy than the cat, who could easily have
finished the job on the mouse, if you'd let it. ;)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Should have left the cat finish the job... :evillaugh:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
On of my cats brings in live mice to play with, and normally lets them escape into the house somewhere.

The other cat, she just bite their heads off. Like a child would a jelly baby. :p

M

·
0 Posts
The other cat, she just bite their heads off.
Ever noticed that the cats that eat the mice frequently do that early on? My cats would routinely leave the guts and stomach too - beats me how they are able to produce that degree of control and not rip the stomach open.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Ever noticed that the cats that eat the mice frequently do that early on? My cats would routinely leave the guts and stomach too - beats me how they are able to produce that degree of control and not rip the stomach open.
I noticed that as well. It is always the same part that is left behind.

I also find it funny that a cat will eat a dirty old mouse, yet turn its nose up at whiskas cat food. :)

We used to have a cat that routinely caught rats. She would disembowel them then leave the rest as a present next to my mums bed. :D

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Very compassionate thing to do Gary.:thumbs: I'd of got the old Verminator out of it's case, and popped an H&W hollow point in the mag. and despatched it.:):

So although I no longer shoot fur or feather, just target punching, it's useful having the tool to humanly put a damaged wee creature out of it's misery. :):

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Pet cats need regular dental treatment,ours did for sure, and the vet's reckoned it was in part because of eating softish foods with no bones to crunch as they would in the wild?

S

·
0 Posts
Pet cats need regular dental treatment,ours did for sure, and the vet's reckoned it was in part because of eating softish foods with no bones to crunch as they would in the wild?
I feed our cat the wee biccies with the occasional spoon of tinned cat food he seems happy :)

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Whats anoying is that he no doubt pays far less insurance than I because statistically he's a better driver. :rolleyes:

A

·
0 Posts
they are steady eddie, until you overtake, they then hit the gass to show thier wives how big and brave they still are so then your doing 70 just to get past,

when previously they were doing 40!

total assermoles.

but its our fault isnt it :confused:

K

·
0 Posts
My technique for half dead mice is to just dink them on the head with a housebrick. If you do a sort of aimed drop from 6-8 inches it does the trick.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 36 Posts