Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pull up to a roundabout I can see from 20 metres away whether it is going to be safe for me to pull out when I get to it. So I either start braking or speed up slightly.

WHY THE **** CAN'T OTHER PEOPLE DO THIS?!?!?! They pull up to the line put the handbrake on and put it into first gear only to miss several opportunities to go.

JUST ****ING GO YOU CRETINOUS BAGS OF ****.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Erm' because we are not all seeing, all sensing, all well controlled robots, yet! :D Rather the 'raceabout' scenario at present Eh! What folks? Until our cars are in control of us in a futuristic sense? :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
I agree with the OP. Why some people feel the need to come to a complete stop rather than look in advance to see if it is clear or not is beyond me.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Well if you actually alot of round abouts are designed with fencing or foleage on the approach for this very reason. As much as we like to think we really do live in this Jeremy Clarkson utopia where the road is your race track and the GATSO's and normal safe drivers are the enemy..... its just not is it?

I see a great challenge when i see a round about and i love them to bits!

But i can see that most drivers see jsut a round about where by they approach with due caution. We cant hate them for that can we? Come on.....

V

·
0 Posts
What annoys me more though is the people who don't know which lane to get into or people who think you must have your right indicator on until you are leaving the island no matter which exit they are leaving at.

·
Banned
437 Posts
What annoys me more though is the people who don't know which lane to get into or people who think you must have your right indicator on until you are leaving the island no matter which exit they are leaving at.
:eek:

errrm, thats me...:D my wife always picks me up on that.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
What is scary is when you're on the main through route and going straight across the roundabout, the number of people that approach from the entrance on the left without even turning their heads to look right to see if there's anyone on the roundabout. It's like they have some medical condition that stops them from physically turning their head to the right to actually look. I wonder if the advice to avoid making eye contact with other drivers for fear of instigating a road rage face off has led to such bizarre behaviour?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
The only time I've shunted someone from behind (ooer) was one of those roundabout occasions, I could clearly see for half a mile or so that nothing was coming, the driver in front reacted in the way I expected, ie, some light braking in readiness for the turn (30 MPH zone), at the last second he slammed on at the give way line & came to a stop - why I don't know as there was still nothing approaching the roundabout :confused:
I held my hands up of course as I hit him albeit at 10-15 MPH, but I am still flumaxxed to this day...

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Anticipatory driving on your part of what others may or may not do is a most unhealthy thing to engage in as there are so many unpredictable nutters out there IMO.

Some on booze, drugs, many without a driving licence, insurance, or road fund licence. Stayin' alive is the theme,/ way to go? :D

·
Banned
437 Posts
Anticipatory driving on your part of what others may or may not do is a most unhealthy thing to engage in as there are so many unpredictable nutters out there IMO.

Some on booze, drugs, many without a driving licence, insurance, or road fund licence. Stayin' alive is the theme,/ way to go? :D
Does road tax make you a safer driver? ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Another roundabout scenario that winds me up is thus.....sitting behind a car....the car in front of me has a car leaving the exit to their left, and that car is taking 'our' exit..........so why oh bloody why do you wait for the car to exit, and then wait for another half an hour for everything coming from the exit to the right to pass??

If a car is indicating to come across from the left, then providing you use your damned eyes, there is no reason why you can't drive to the right also once the car exiting has effectively blocked the exit for those coming from the right.....it's a very fluid motion, if you know how to bloody drive:mad:

I hope my wording made sense:lol:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The roundabout stop / non stop scenario is a favourite for crash insurance scammers. You're not going fast so if you get hit behind you're not really going to get hurt (sorry, I mean you are permanently disabled and will need a 5 figure settlement to move on with your life) and it is very easy to dupe the driver behind into hitting you.

So it's always worth paying a bit more attention with that in mind.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not on abot using the road as a race track.

If you have to stop - then fine stop!

But yeah, it's the not being aware enough to know if you cna go and then when someone is coming and stopping other people coming on the rounabout why dont people just go?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I hate it when you arrice at a mini-roundabout and the other 2 lane entrants to that roundabout are just sat there as if to say "well i don't know" who goes?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I hate it when you arrice at a mini-roundabout and the other 2 lane entrants to that roundabout are just sat there as if to say "well i don't know" who goes?

I like that situation because nine times outta ten I take the initiative :D

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I like that situation because nine times outta ten I take the initiative :D
oh I agree, but its more the bewilderment on their face at how it must be completely different rules to a normal roundabout!

·
Registered
11,697 Posts
I hate it when drivers approaching a mini roundabout don't give way to the right as they ought to:tut::rant:

Especially when they toot me as a try to exert my right of way!!!:rolleyes:

I feel like stopping to explain how a roundabout works:lol:
To some people it seems as tricky as the off-side rule in soccer:lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts