Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I drive a righthand radius I hear a rough noise from the left front wheel. Not loud but also not a good sound. My mechanics have looking for twice times but they haven't found a damage. What could it be ???
When I drive a lefthand radius or straight on there is no sound. And there is also no vibration.

·
Registered
550 Posts
HI CLAUS:
I THINK THERE ARE NO DOUBTS, THE LEFT FRONT WHEEL BEARING IS IN NO GOOD CONDITION.
REGARDS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,

Is it a grinding noise or a humming noise?

If it's a humming noise that gets louder the harder you go around the corner then it definately does sound as though the wheel bearing is beginning to die on you.

If it's a grinding noise i would say to get the CV joints checked out.

good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Claus, I've got the same problem at the moment and know that a change of front left wheel bearing is coming soon! What is it about these left bearings going???!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your tips.
But the problem isn't so easy to declare. Surely I also have thought about the bearing, but I let the wheel checked twice and nobody can find a damage ! Hmmmm ? Perheps it is damage I will see in couple of month. I don't know.

Many thanks guys

Claus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same problem, but it doesn't seem to be the bearing, I had the brakes tidyed up and the noise went for a few miles but the came back again. The other (worrying) thing is that the gearbox is on that side!!!!!! :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps the problem is not as sinister and expensive as you think..next time you go round a bend try to apply the brakes lightly (if situation permits!). If the sound disappears or changes. you may have worn pads/discs or some grit caught between the two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts