Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 155 2.0 is idling very rough. She is also having problem starting. She used to start first time but now takes a couple of tries - she would start but die as soon as I release the key. Could it be the fuel pump? if so, it is difficult to replace (surprisely, couldn't find any reference when searching the site).

No other symptoms.

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try replacing the fuel filter first. It's easier and cheaper.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
marlon said:
Try replacing the fuel filter first. It's easier and cheaper.
Thanks. I did think of that afterwards. What about the non-return value (I presume there is one)?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
you could also try cleaning the airflow meter , its the big sensor just before the throttle body on the intake pipe. do not try cleaning it by hand only use carb cleaner as it is not movable or repairable. it is a small square plate of glass very thin with platinum circuit on it and if you look down the intake pipe from the filter end there should be a gause protecting it from FINGERS and such . its a good idea to spray short blats at it when engine is running as it will try to make the car cut out. i use wynns as its safe with the cat and while you are there with carb spray in hand clean the idle control valve with it , now you can remove that one its situated on the top of the throttle body with 2 bolts holding it on . just take it off and spray it inside to remove all the carbon and then lubricate it with some wd40. one last thing would be check your vacuum pipe as they can make a difference, its the little skinny one off the throttle body again.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fletch. I will give those a try when I get a chance. For the moment, she seems to be starting fine if I hold the key for a bit.

Jimmy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts