41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
G

·
Just a cheapy off the 'bay - works a treat though :thumbs:
Note the axle stands are colour co-ordinated with the car - VERY important is that :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks for this guide mate,I'm in the process of removing my gearbox and now need to pull the drive shaft back. Can you just give me some guidance on where the 3 10mm bolts are located. thanks

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
thanks for this guide mate,I'm in the process of removing my gearbox and now need to pull the drive shaft back. Can you just give me some guidance on where the 3 10mm bolts are located. thanks
Its been a while, but under the car, trace the driveshafts with your finger until you see a square assembly, with three bolts in it, holding a plate to a thicker chunk of metal, around the driveshaft

sorry can't post any pics....Shes gone now:cry:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its been a while, but under the car, trace the driveshafts with your finger until you see a square assembly, with three bolts in it, holding a plate to a thicker chunk of metal, around the driveshaft

sorry can't post any pics....Shes gone now:cry:
Many thanks mate, removed the 3 bolts tonight...what a task that was without 15" long fingers and double jointed arms!.

I then figured it would be a simple job to pull the intermediate shaft out ... err but no wont budge, even made up a simple puller through 2 of the 6 drive shaft coupling holes but that ended in stripping the thread on the stud bar I used.....

Can you point me in the right direction to get it out please bud???

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Many thanks mate, removed the 3 bolts tonight...what a task that was without 15" long fingers and double jointed arms!.

I then figured it would be a simple job to pull the intermediate shaft out ... err but no wont budge, even made up a simple puller through 2 of the 6 drive shaft coupling holes but that ended in stripping the thread on the stud bar I used.....

Can you point me in the right direction to get it out please bud???
I'm sure mine slipped apart easily, it was a long time ago now...If something occurs I'll post it up.....

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
I have to do this onthe V6 I have just taken proud ownership of, I can do a complete step by step guide as I remove the gearbox and engine from the beast as I go to breathe life back into the Red Devil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks this was useful

Just used this guide to replace the clutch on my 2.5 V6 with a GTA version from Ned and Dan at Autolusso. Using a bent spanner was dead easy for the starting motor bolt, however after 10 years most of the bolts to the suspension had seized. Just changed the clutch and fitted the gearbox between the Royal Wedding. Having a break and will do the rest over the weekend.

Thanks for the sound advise found in these hallowed pages.:thumbs:

Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jason could you just confirm for me that the intermediate shaft just slides out (splines?) of the gearbox? and so its not necessary to undo the right side drive shaft flange bolts?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Jason could you just confirm for me that the intermediate shaft just slides out (splines?) of the gearbox? and so its not necessary to undo the right side drive shaft flange bolts?
I cant remember to be honest it was a while ago, the thing that sticks in my mind was undoing some allen bolts in a square assembly to let one of the driveshafts move, like I say its a while ago now (Sadly the car was written off 18months ago:cry:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
O dear clutch gone , here we go ,let the fun begin:( i will be referring to Jasons notes ,so fingers crossed it will be quick and painless....ish :lol:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
All done now back on the road again .Thanks for the listing jobs sequence very helpful..:D:thumbs:
Glad to be of some help, the spanner trick is clearly key to the job:thumbs:

no enjoy the sound of that V6 M8

41 - 58 of 58 Posts