Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get it up and running as it hasnt worked since I bought the car and not sure since when. Had a good look through the past posts and I Know the clutch isn't kicking in, but I dont know yet whether that is pressure switch or no gas. or knackered something else.

I will have a fiddle with the pressure switch and alfa diag on the clutch, but ultimatly I wont know if there is any pressure in the system or if there is a leak until I take it to someone.

How much would you expect to pay for someone to pressure check and fault find an aircon system? or how else can i find out there is pressure in there a screw on guage or something?

A

·
0 Posts
Seem to remenber the valv for the gas system being a bit like the valve on a car tyre.
Anyone confirm?
Can you press the needle in for a second to check for gas pressure?

·
Registered
309 Posts
The mobile guy I use charges £25 per hour in Guildford (generally rip-off central) which I thought was a good price. He charged £40 for a pressure test and re-gas as well as some electrical fault finding (although I later found the main issue myself, based on his advice).

·
Registered
12,902 Posts
The mobile guy I use charges £25 per hour in Guildford (generally rip-off central) which I thought was a good price. He charged £40 for a pressure test and re-gas as well as some electrical fault finding (although I later found the main issue myself, based on his advice).
Looks like you got a better deal than me, I got a vacuum test, pressure test and refgas (with UV dye) for 70 quid, also done by a guy working from a mobile unit. It has been nice and cold when the weather has been warm though :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts