1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This does make me outraged at our "justice" system. The guy who committed the murders was a habitual, violent criminal, and for some reason he was only described as a "medium risk" to the public.
I am against the death penalty, but cases like this do make me wonder.
I would like to see the home secretary apologise to the parents of the deceased, because this should never have happened.

R

·
0 Posts
Terrible, terrible business but don't be ashamed of Britain - it is humanity they have let down not a country.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Just watched it on the news:( Shameful:mad:

We all pay to keep them alive, full board in decent accommodation too:tut:

·
0 Posts
Deffo a case for the death penalty - I know there may have been innocent lives taken in the past, but today with forensics etc there can 100% proof
Orf with their heads!

Eye for an eye.....

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
I've been having this bring back the death penalty argument with my old man, in a situation like this it should be used imo.

Would be cheaper for the rest of us.

However, it's a bit 'third world' isn't it, are we not better than that??

Ahh ****** to it, stone 'em to death :lol:

·
0 Posts
Bit off track, but I also believe rapists should lose their tackle - like I said before an eye for an eye..

A bit third world yes, but it would make the bapstardos think twice ;)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe the Iranians have got some things right after all :lol: Chop off theives' hands :lol:

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Just lock them up and keep them locked up.

I think if there was no such thing as parole or early release, then the jail system would work a lot better. In 10 years time the horror and outrage will be forgotten and just the poor reformed characters grovelling how they have "changed now" will remain. They'll get let out and everyone won't care.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Just lock them up and keep them locked up.

I think if there was no such thing as parole or early release, then the jail system would work a lot better. In 10 years time the horror and outrage will be forgotten and just the poor reformed characters grovelling how they have "changed now" will remain. They'll get let out and everyone won't care.

Ralf S.
:thumbs:
Quite right Ralf, no early release, particularly for violent criminals.
Why can't we build more prisons, we obviously need them, because population levels have increased, and the penalties for offending have become lighter (another problem area:mad:). We have high unemployment, so it isn't as though we couldn't staff the prisons, or even lack the resources to build them in the first place.
Make prison a very unpleasant place for violent criminals, they wouldn't want to pursue a life of crime if they knew the consequences were going to be horrible.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Maybe the Iranians have got some things right after all :lol: Chop off theives' hands :lol:
This is only used for repeat offenders, so that they can't repeat any more:)
It is usually the right hand, and then amazingly if they still offend, the left foot will follow.
The death penalty in Iran - usually for rapists and murderers, is a very public affair, with the offender being hung from a crane, for all to see. Whilst I don't condone this, Iran does not have a very big problem with violent crime.
I should mention that it is generally the family of the victim, who decide whether the death sentence is carried out - all very biblical or possibly koranical (?)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:thumbs:
Quite right Ralf, no early release, particularly for violent criminals.
Why can't we build more prisons, we obviously need them, because population levels have increased, and the penalties for offending have become lighter (another problem area:mad:). We have high unemployment, so it isn't as though we couldn't staff the prisons, or even lack the resources to build them in the first place.
Make prison a very unpleasant place for violent criminals, they wouldn't want to pursue a life of crime if they knew the consequences were going to be horrible.
Yep, whole heartedly agree :thumbs:

·
Registered
677 Posts
In no way do I seek to condone or explain the behaviour of these British psychopaths, but you should take into account the number of Brits who get horribly murdered in France and where the police are either utterly incompetent or just don't give a damn since the victims were British. As a lawyer I have close, first hand knowledge of these murders in France and they hugely outweigh the British cases in both number and horribleness.

·
Registered
943 Posts
In no way do I seek to condone or explain the behaviour of these British psychopaths, but you should take into account the number of Brits who get horribly murdered in France and where the police are either utterly incompetent or just don't give a damn since the victims were British. As a lawyer I have close, first hand knowledge of these murders in France and they hugely outweigh the British cases in both number and horribleness.
I'm sorry but I don't quite get what point you are trying to make here.:confused:
Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but...
Why should we take into account murders in France when condemning a particularly brutal murder over here... it's not a competition is it?
And quite how we measure 'horribleness' is beyond me.

Horrible stuff happens here and all over the world. It is equally repulsive wherever it occurs, and should always be condemned as such.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So, are you trying to say:
The number of British people being brutally murdered by the French, outweighs the number of British people murdered by the British?
By the Lord Harry, I think we must mobilise an army, and teach those "Frogs" a thing or two.
Seriously, as a lawyer, what are you trying to say about the "scum" who murdered these French students? Were they just the innocent victims of some patriotic British militia, trying to even up the score?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Just put them in a room with the relatives of those poor students and give the relatives a few baseball bats.
iv always thought that, just leave them in the room together for an hour or so, and the police turn a blind eye and go for lunch:lol:

i think life should mean life, like in america, didnt someone get a 100+ years not long ago?

and as jon says, an eye for an eye:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts