Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've just spent a happy couple of hours in the garage, removing rusty metal from my shell, lying on my back, contorting myself, being showered by grinding sparks...

I wondered does anyone by any chance happen to have a rotisserie? Maybe one that they have used, then stored away somewhere? Being able to work on the underside of the car, whilst standing up would be a massive help...

:xmas::beer::xmas::beer::xmas::beer::xmas:

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
When I saw the title, I thought you were going to be recalling summer BBQ memories!:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I do have one, but I'm hanging on to it as the Car is still in it.

My point in posting though is that it makes a heck of a difference it's so much easier to do just about anything. Mine is on casters so I can push it around too, creating space in the garage when I need too. Even took it to the blasters on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to have to sort something out soon, making too slow progress without one...

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll happily put on a hog roast.... after all, it'd be rude not to feed you all in exchange for spending a week derusting, fabricating, welding and grinding getting my shell sorted and prepped for paint...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Type into google images wooden rotisserie. I've seen a few. So long as you build it well and keep the welding away.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Type into google images wooden rotisserie. I've seen a few. So long as you build it well and keep the welding away.
Nice thinking - just watched a couple of "redneck rotisserie" YouTube vids

Funnily enough am off to a joinery factory this morning... I can feel some skip diving coming on...

·
Registered
610 Posts

1800mm ID RHS galv box tube (3mm wall) rolled (obviously).
Castor wheel with bearings.

Car is bolted in at suspension mounts. Let's me spin it on the spot. It's a Duetto.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts