Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just called the local tyre fitter and asked if they would rotate my wheels (fronts wearing quicker than rears as to be expected)

They want £47.32 as they reckon they need to rebalance all the wheels. I can't see why that would be necessary, what are your thoughts?

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
178 Posts
I always get them rebalanced when swapping; if your rear wheels are out of balance you probably wont feel it when on the back, as soon as they're put on the front then you will.

Here's a tyre which was on the rear of a car which was never balanced:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why can't you rotate the wheels yourself? 20min job MAX
No space, live in a cottage and my driveway is the width of the car : (

Fair enough will put hand in pocket.

Merry Crimbo
MC

·
Registered
146 Posts
just find an empty industry parking place on sunday afternoon, they are everywhere. you do not need a driveway.

i live in a flat and have to park on a public parking place. i always do the swap myself like suggested above. no problems ever.

...unless you really do not need that fifty quid or don't want to make your gentle hands dirty. then let someone else take your money and do the job.

cheers!

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
If not much fuel in you only need to jack up the front point and both side wheels can be swapped in one go

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...unless you really do not need that fifty quid or don't want to make your gentle hands dirty. then let someone else take your money and do the job.

cheers!
Cheeky Beggar! I've got some latex gloves ;)

Cheers
MC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts