Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was hoping to pick up a new bonnet for my car to replace the hail damaged one on mine and found that rare thing a facelift 147 in Rossa Alfa Red being broken.

RESULT (or so I thought)

Turns out it has the newer Rosso Alfa Red with paint code 289/A while mine is the older 130B/B. :cry:

Although they look the same in photo's I am guessing the difference will be instantly noticeable on the car. What is the difference really and why the hell did they change it? Very inconvenient :rant:

- Trep

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,412 Posts
I suspect that due to age differences, colour would never be an exact match anyway, as red seems to fade quite a bit....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hoping it would be close enough match though and better then the smalls dents that litter my bonnet, but if it's very far off then it will look worse. Was only paying £85 for the replacement including the cost of having it delivered to me saving me a 4hour round trip to collect it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Also possibly a change in paint suppliers, even manufacturers don't stick with one supplier but choose one who is cheaper, but will supply a slightly different paint.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
A lesson here in checking the paint code rather than just the colour :(

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
I've no idea how close the two different codes are, but with the amount of fading that 130B/B suffered from, panels from two different cars are unlikely to match anyway. Many looked different even when new...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts