Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rosso 156 Gta for sale.

Hi all,

I've come to the conclusion that with my girlfriend due to give birth in May, an imminent house move and two 131's to keep happy, I might have to sell the Gta :depressed:.

Really don't want to but feel that it needs time that I am probably not going to have spare soon !!. As she stands at the moment she needs some local paint to the front arches, belts need doing and two rear tyres soon but has mot to 3rd August. Approx 92k.

Registered on 01/09/2003
Has service history/work done and receipts as follows :-
04/04/05 - 8980 miles service, stamped
05/09/05 - 21351 miles service, stamped
05/04/06 - 33964 miles service, stamped
14/11/06 - Mot, 42898 miles, Pass, No Advisories
18/07/07 - Mot, 46876 miles, Pass, No Advisories
18/10/07 - 46876 miles service, stamped, cambelt/tensioner changed
27/12/07 - Keeper change
04/06/08 - Sportline Corse coilover kit fitted, O/S and N/S upper and lower front arms fitted, braided hoses, crossed drilled discs ( 305mm ), front pads, brake fluid changed and alloy undertray all fitted at Autodelta.
09/07/08 - Mot, 51640 miles, Pass, No Advisories
12/11/08 - 57864 miles service, stamped
30/06/09 - Mot, 61672 miles, Pass, No Advisories
08/12/09 - 63064 miles service, stamped and receipt
12/03/10 - Keeper change
13/03/10 - Mot, 63788 miles, Pass, No Advisories
15/06/10 - Cambelt, aux belt, tensioners changed, coilover suspension checked
24/06/10 - 2 x Michelin Pilot Sports fitted, locking wheel nuts fitted
21/02/11 - Mot, 69540 miles, Failed on insufficient washer fluid
21/02/11 - Mot, 69540 miles, Pass, No Advisories
22/08/11 - 70994 miles service, stamped and O/S upper suspension arm, front o/s brake pipe
21/01/12 - 2 x Michelin Pilot Sports fitted
12/03/12 - Mot, 71394 miles, Pass, No Advisories

During my ownership...
27/09/12 - N/S upper suspension arm TRW ( O/S has been replaced also but can't remember when )
18/10/12 - Lower O/S suspension arm fitted TRW ( N/S has been replaced also but can't remember when ), both front drop links ( Birth ), oil and filter change ( Valvoline Racing VR1 10w 60 Synthetic ), O/S inner driveshaft boot fitted

New battery fitted
17/01/13 - New engine steady bar fitted, 2 x track rod ends fitted
13/02/13 - Superflex ARB bushes fitted
12/03/13 - Mot, 75128 miles, Failed on hand brake cables insecure
14/03/13 - Mot, 75146 miles, Pass
27/03/13 - Coolant temp sensor fitted
01/05/13 - Approx date - Quaife ATB diff fitted, new clutch, rear crank seal and CF2 Manifolds fitted
10/06/14 - Mot, 78221 miles, Pass, Advisories on side movement in offside rack arm and offside wiper blade split
10/11/14 - Offside engine mount fitted
23/07/14 - Cambelt, tensioners and water pump fitted at Alfatech, Huddersfield
15/08/14 - 2 x steering rack arms fitted
01/09/14 - Approx date - Steering rack arms fitted at Alfatech, Huddersfield.
28/01/15 - Thermostat fitted
30/01/15 - Rear engine/gearbox mount fitted
01/05/16 - Approx date - TRW front lower arms fitted, front o/s upper TRW arm fitted, new bellows on front coil overs. 330mm Brembo's fitted. Oil filter and oil changed. Nearside diff seal replaced. New screen fitted.
13/04/17 - New info centre fitted with new screen.
30/06/17 - Brand new ECU fitted.
10/07/17 - Brand new Bilstein B12 Sportline kit fitted ( Intrax coilovers available ). Alignment check will be required ( was going to get a 4 wheel check done when rear arms where fitted )

Also available, but not fitted, a full set of genuine rear arms x 6, bolts and spacers, a strut brace, coolant tank and set of headlight protectors.

I have spent the best part of 4k on it since I bought it and I don't have to sell but will if someone offers what I want. If you are interested please pm and I'll forward current pictures on. Will be working late over the weekend but will try and answer any question as soon as.

Cheers
Mick.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump..

This is definitely for sale now. As the little man is now here I realise the Gta isn't suitable for ferrying him around, we also have to get rid of the Punto as well :disappointed:.

Few things to update about the above original post. Only requires one rear tyre now. I also have a pair of brand new driveshafts that I bought but have yet to fit. Will put an mot on her before she sells. Might be interested in a px/swap, preferably for a petrol 159 Sportwagon or a Giulietta.

Cheers
Mick.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not sure :ermm:.

Would have to say £7000. Does that sound reasonable ?, honestly I'm not sure current values but am going by the money and not inconsiderable time I've spent on it.

Cheers
Mick.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's easily worth that, if not a lot more if you don't mind holding on to it. I sold mine for £9k with similar mileage and no big brakes. I sold mine via Pistonheads last year and I'm assuming that prices wouldn't be lower than last year.

·
Registered
914 Posts
FWIW sold mine in 2016 with the same mileage for a little less than that. No big brakes tho... depends on the overall condition really and how long you want to wait.

GLWTS!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also forgot to mention, there is a set of Intrax HDA coilovers that where originally fitted to the Gta available. They where removed as one of the front ones had a slight leak. I contacted Intrax and they gave me a cost of approx. 100 euros to have it refurbished. Might throw them in with the car if the price is right or will sell separately.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone is interested, this is still for sale. I had the rear arms mentioned in the original post fitted plus new wheel bearings both sides and brake pads. She is also going in for the belts doing on the 8th. It has mot until 14/08/19 and I'll listen to any offers as l do need to sell but not at a huge loss.

Cheers all.

Mick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If anyone is interested, this is still for sale. I had the rear arms mentioned in the original post fitted plus new wheel bearings both sides and brake pads. She is also going in for the belts doing on the 8th. It has mot until 14/08/19 and I'll listen to any offers as l do need to sell but not at a huge loss.

Cheers all.

Mick.
Is this still for sale?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update - Belts done on 11th October last year. Brand new driveshafts fitted last week and new driveshaft gearbox seals. Also oil and filter change done at the same time. 12 months mot as well.

Would really like to sell this now, open to sensible offer only.

Thanks
Mick.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be honest nowhere. Tried the bay of evil a while back but only got a half arsed nibble. Thought this would be the best place to advertise it as I thought anyone looking on say Car and Classic would be on here anyway ?

I love the car and don't really want to sell but can't commit the time to it what with a 19 month old as well :( It's been really reliable apart from the ECU conking out it doesn't need a massive amount of work. It's just the maintenance that might suffer over time.

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
To be honest nowhere. Tried the bay of evil a while back but only got a half arsed nibble. Thought this would be the best place to advertise it as I thought anyone looking on say Car and Classic would be on here anyway ?

I love the car and don't really want to sell but can't commit the time to it what with a 19 month old as well :( It's been really reliable apart from the ECU conking out it doesn't need a massive amount of work. It's just the maintenance that might suffer over time.
This is probably the worst place to sell an Alfa - everyone here already has one. Its great for selling parts. It needs to be on ebay consistently, and then also advertise it on all the free sites (Pistonheads if you've been a member long enough is free).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts