Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be getting harder to find in shops. Sainsburys and Tesco don't have it locally to us. Our local mini mart is our only supply at the minute. It's an essential ingredient of a snowball which in itself is an essential part of Christmas. It's also my favourite way of taking vitamin C (with ice and Gordons gin). Then there's lemon and lime, lager and lime Surely it's not become unpopular, maybe I'm just old fashioned..:cry

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I'd almost forgotten that brand existed.

Surely other lime cordials are available, or Heaven forbade, squeeze from fresh? Not that I ever make snowballs other than for throwing at my son.

·
Vendor
45,819 Posts
I used to mix this 50:50 with tesco's own Vodka and get smashed off it on a Saturday night when I was about 16. Happy memories :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still available at Sainsbury and Tesco here. LizR drinks it all of the time.

I'll send you a few bottles if your local supply runs dry.
That's really kind of you Paul, thank you. Amrit the guy at the local shop has said he sells it as quick as he can fill the shelf so I don't think supplies will run out any time soon.

Pud, thats how I mix it with gin, amazing:)

·
Vendor
45,819 Posts
Paul did you edit me instead of quoting me? :lol:

·
Administrator
23,041 Posts
I used to mix this 50:50 with tesco's own Vodka and get smashed off it on a Saturday night when I was about 16. Happy memories :thumbs:

If you can remember it then you used too much lime. At 16 I'd have gone for 90/10 , 90 being Vodka - I probably did - but I don't remember.

After the edit/quote debacle this is probably a waste of time now - ho hum.

·
Vendor
45,819 Posts
I didn't have the stomach for it when I was young, but then tesco's own is not much better than paint stripper :vomit:

I'm pretty sure Rose's cordial saved me from some pretty grim hangovers, what with the massive infusions of vitamin C. I should really go and get some more of it, not had it in years.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'd almost forgotten that brand existed.

Surely other lime cordials are available
:eek: NO! its like ginger wine...only Stones will do, and preferably the vintage stuff with the red label at 18% ABV (Look in Waitrose)
Attempted consumption of Crabbies or any other pale imitation will only lead to disappointment and self ruination over the festive period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts