Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my "new" 156 1.9 JTDm Sportswagon this coming weekend, It currently does not have roof rails fitted and I have found someone advertising a set on e-bay.

Can anyone advise how easy is it to reto-fit roof rails and do I need any additional parts - I reto-fitted rails on a volvo all this took was to remove some sealing plugs in the roof and bolt down the rails.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nobody seems to know.. I've searched high and wide. It may be as simple as drilling the correct holes in the roof skin and bolting it up to already installed fittings (like the one size fits all wiring loom)... or, no fittings may be present under the roof.

I've searched high and wide to find this out, I think the only way to really determine if you can fit them is to investigate inside the roof. If you do, let me know what you find - I'd lke some roof rails too :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have factory fitted ones on my SW and as far as I can see they are deffo fitted through the roof. So yes drilling required but whether or not there are any fixing mounts under the roof I have no idea.
Maybe a call to a main dealers would help?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main dealer is quoting £250 per side for the rail and 1.5 hours work i.e. not much change out of £750

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
better still would be a breakers so that I could remove them for my self to ensure I get all the required bits

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found that Sherburn Motor Spares (08452 749147) have a set however as mine has not had roof rails before fitting will require drilling through the roof skin to fit, this is something that I do not want to do.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have found that Sherburn Motor Spares (08452 749147) have a set however as mine has not had roof rails before fitting will require drilling through the roof skin to fit, this is something that I do not want to do.
I'd be fine doing this, so long as i'd confirmed the hardware to bolt the rails into was already in my roof somewhere. Could be as simple as poking four holes through.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Why don't you just buy one of those 'blow-up' roof racks !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts