Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, afternoon.

The part between the windshield and the actual roof on my Giulietta's is peeling off...

I went to the dealer and they told me that they'll need to remove the windshield so they can change the part, quoted me hundreds of £, which I rather not pay.

I've gone to a local place where they wrap cars with some kind of 3M sticky paper or something, they have cars outside wrapped up with the stuff and they look really good. They said they'll be able to wrap the part without having to take it out for £30, but it needs to be prepped, none of the paint peeling off it can be left on the part at all before they can do it.

I was wondering if anyone here has had this issue before and knows how to remove the rest of the paint off it, at the moment is peeling off very slowly and I don't know if I can use a paint remover on it, it seems to be plastic and I could damage the part or the paint in the roof...

Thanks for your help :)

Forgot to say my roof is glass and electric.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously a factory default

The exact same thing has been happening to my QV 2011 for a couple of months now. Have been requested by dealer to take to two separate authorised panelbeaters for report. Both have identified that the primer and "flattening" process where not properly adhered to.

Its a mould and therefore required a different process to the bodywork. Hopefully they will turnaround the warranty claim shortly, after seeing the same pictures on the forum.

Alternatively, any good wrap idea for that small section (glass roof only)?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

I've read the link provided, but it doesn't say how to fix it... one user had to take it into the dealer to get it replaced, which I'm not planning to do since it'll cost a bunch of money and the wrap option is only £30.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to remove the laquer all together, so I can take it to the wrapping place already prepped, as they asked me to...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here. Same problem, car is out of warranty and would like to know how to remove this part. Maybe someone know and liked to shear info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts