Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a bad rattle coming from the roof above the rear seats, more than likely to do with the sunroof mechanism. Something has come loose and drivin me crazy! obviously i need to take the roof lining off to sort it, and i wondered if anyone has done this before, or if anyone has any tips to get me started?

thanks!

Rob :confused:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep, I've removed the roof lining, fairly straight forward, from what I remember, starting at the back, held in with the rear light (screws) the tabs that hold the rear sunblinds, or covers, all 4 grab handles, then at the front the sunblinds, and the whole rearview/sunroof panel. Just watch out at the front cos where the screen is bonded in, it tends to stick to the lining as well. Also not sure how u get it out of the car, think they put it in before the front screen comes in, so it may be a squeeze to get it out.

hope that helps

Steve

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks steve! i shall attempt it soon and be back if i get stuck anywhere :D

Rob

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other option would be to take it out through the back after removing the parcel shelf!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
my roof rattled a little bit but i ignored it until my sunroof decided to break yesterday, the motor was just making some loud clicking noise, gears slipping most likely.
on the front courtesy light is a black panel that can be prised out with a screwdriver, on the other side of this panel is a key so that the sunroof can be closed if all else fails.
what i found was that the two bolts holding the motor up on to the mechanism had totally unscrewed themselves. i used some studlock and screwed them back in and the whole things now works smoother and much faster than before :D

may be worth checking on yours before you take the rood lining off or for anyone else with a sunroof :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slightly on a tangent here, but do most peoples 155's have sunroofs? Mine doesn't, which seems weird given that it's a Super and you might expect it to have extra bits and bobs like that as standard!? Or perhaps the original owner specified no sunroof?

Suits me anyway, I don't like them for some reason.

·
Banned
477 Posts
I haven't got a sunroof in mine -'96 2.0.
Not having one improves the torsional rigidity of the bodyshell wink :D :p

·
Registered
564 Posts
No sunroof in mine, didn't want one after the 75 which rusted around it, nowhere else on the roof just around the sunroof. :p

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Us poor beggars without aircon!

(Yes, I know it's crap aircon, but they only say that 'cause they've got it!)

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've not got air con either, but I figure it's probably better without, i.e. less to go wrong. I have however got 4 electric windows and the buttons are close at hand if I need to cool down. wink

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a sunny hole, and I've also got a sunroof on my car. It was an optional extra for the Silverstone. Aircon wasn't an option for my car.
I prefer sunroofs to aircon as I like to drive with my window down anyway. And I can get a suntan on my head with the roof open.
You can't use aircon with the windows down (or shouldn't) so you have to sit inside your fridge with the windows up while the rest of us look cool with our elbows out the window.

Marlon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts