Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got soaking wet 'C' pillar trim shrouds, and suspect blocked drain pipes from the sunroof. The repair procedure CD says you have to remove the roof lining to look at these, and to remove the roof lining looks like a big job. Has anyone any tips for the simplest way to get at the drain pipes?

Any ideas on the best way to remove mildew?

Is it worth fitting a new seal around the sunroof? I've heard that they're expensive. There's a massive gap on one corner, but I doubt if it's any different from when it was new.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well you can get at the drain pipes without having to remove the whole roof lining. Take out the rear seat, 'C' pillar trims and the grab handles in the back and you can pull the roof lining down far enough to get to the pipes. Tug them off, and if they're blocked as mine were you'll get a sleeve full of water.

I got the mildew off the trim pieces with carpet cleaner and a scrubbing brush. I'm just waiting for them to dry before putting them back on.

I had a lake under the back seat. I hope the windows will stop misting up so readily now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts