Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Are you after genuine Alfa ones or general ones?

Alfa ones are rare 2nd hand. But do occasionally crop up on ebay and the like.

I have a none Alfa set I bought on line from Micks Garage. They work fine for me twice a year and a roof box on top. Less than £100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you after genuine Alfa ones or general ones?

Alfa ones are rare 2nd hand. But do occasionally crop up on ebay and the like.

I have a none Alfa set I bought on line from Micks Garage. They work fine for me twice a year and a roof box on top. Less than £100.
Ideally the Genuine Alfa ones so I can leave them on without spoiling the look too much. All the ones that come up on eBay seem to be collection only and a long way to go. I should have bought a set 12 months ago when they were available locally but thought at the time I wouldn’t need them

·
Registered
253 Posts
Keep an eye out on ebay, I manged to get brand new genuine Alfa roof bars for £165 and bike rack for £61.30 (both from dealers selling off old stock).

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well it says "not suitable" , but it has nothing to do with the structural strength of the roof, it will handle the full weight of the car during a roll over easily. I think it's more a question of making the center of gravity higher that might upset the handling of the car a bit more easy. The car still have the mounting holes for the roof rack...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the replies frasse4 and Wivenhoe. I assume, then, that the bars feet don't mount on any part of the glass sunroof.
I find it strange that the genuine roof bars are not recommended with a sunroof fitted car. They don't look like they will contact the glass anywhere. I can't really see the roofs strength being an issue either.
Perhaps I'm over thinking this. All I want to do is transport a mountain bike not using the inside of the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Correct the footings rests on the metal parts outside the glass
seems like a good option for my car (also with the same sunroof). How about installing them. I never used roofbars on any car. Is it difficult?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBF100-1 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
seems like a good option for my car (also with the same sunroof). How about installing them. I never used roofbars on any car. Is it difficult?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBF100-1 met Tapatalk

The genuine bars are easy to install. You just screw the mount brackets into the holes in the top part of the door frame. Then mount the bars in the brackets and tighten a nut to secure. Do this gradually on each side to make sure they secure properly. The kit has instructions, and Alfa even supply the relevant allen key and 10mm spanner. They look good on the car as well. I can’t see how a sunroof would make any difference, although I dont have one on my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Same procedure on mine. Not as fast as if you have rails on the roof but second time you will do it in 10 min. No spanner was included in the non-geniune kit but luckely I had an old combined spanner with a screwdriver attached which is just the correct size. I'm thinking of 3D-printing small wheels to put on the nuts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts