Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SW with rails. Later on this year I'm heading west on hols with the family and dogs, and will need a box for that. And, having just been put on 12 weeks garden leave, I'm going to use the time getting fit, so am looking for a roof mounted bike carrier too.

There appears to be a wide range of options and costs on ebay, so any guidance would be much appreciated....

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a SW with rails. Later on this year I'm heading west on hols with the family and dogs, and will need a box for that. And, having just been put on 12 weeks garden leave, I'm going to use the time getting fit, so am looking for a roof mounted bike carrier too.

There appears to be a wide range of options and costs on ebay, so any guidance would be much appreciated....
Is it legal to put the family and dogs into a roof box? If so, let me know as that sound like a good solution for a bit of peace and quiet on a long drive! :lol:

Ian A.

·
Registered
618 Posts

Have alook at htis thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/289225-roofbox-on-159-saloon.html SW with roofbox/dogs combo in there.

Has anyone used other than Thule bars? Something like these? Mont Blanc, significantly cheaper...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it legal to put the family and dogs into a roof box? If so, let me know as that sound like a good solution for a bit of peace and quiet on a long drive! :lol:

Ian A.

Tempting!!! Would be nice to have the Bose all to myself for a while too!!! :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
I have recently purchased the Thule Proride 532 cycle carriers and they are amazing quality and value for money. They look really nice too. I wouldn't bother with the more expensive Thule ones they do as these really do the job exceptionally well. By getting Thule, you get quality and spare parts availibility too.

Thule 532 FreeRide Roof Mounted Cycle Carrier (2011 Version)

My dad also got the Karrite 360 box available in:

Black: Karrite Odyssey 360 Litre Ski / Luggage Roof Box In Gloss Black

Grey: Karrite Odyssey 360 Litre Ski / Luggage Roof Box In Silver

Both are very good quality with side access and they have excellent reviews at a price that really can't be sniffed at. Both items were the cheapest on the net from this company and they delivered really quick and have great customer service.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have recently purchased the Thule Proride 532 cycle carriers and they are amazing quality and value for money. They look really nice too. I wouldn't bother with the more expensive Thule ones they do as these really do the job exceptionally well. By getting Thule, you get quality and spare parts availibility too.

Thule 532 FreeRide Roof Mounted Cycle Carrier (2011 Version)

My dad also got the Karrite 360 box available in:

Black: Karrite Odyssey 360 Litre Ski / Luggage Roof Box In Gloss Black

Grey: Karrite Odyssey 360 Litre Ski / Luggage Roof Box In Silver

Both are very good quality with side access and they have excellent reviews at a price that really can't be sniffed at. Both items were the cheapest on the net from this company and they delivered really quick and have great customer service.
Cheers, much appreciated :thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts