Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Rolls Royce, Hot or ????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since a great deal of this forum comprises of anglicans, what do YOU think. Every one else feel free to join in ;)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
They're hot. Bentley have seemed to go off the boil a bit, no doubt they're producing technically advanced cars but they lack the presence of the older cars. Whereas Rolls have still got that presence, you really notice if a Phantom arrives somewhere. I'm seeing the continental gt's around the place a fair bit but they do nothing for me.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I posted this poll is because I'm not sure myself. The Bentley's are impressive machines, but the fact that they're based on a Phaeton subframe prevent
them from tinkering my bell. On the other hand, the Roll'ses does seem quite outdated, non?

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Even though I am not from the UK, I still think they are very hot, but I never want to own one. If I could / would spend that amount of money on a saloon, I would buy myself a 4porte without a doubt.

H

·
0 Posts
Voted no, I can appreciate the engineering that goes into such a good car, and Im proud of its origins, but the cars do nothing for me, too big, too heavy, too 'look at me!!!!', just not my sort of thing........but then I wouldnt buy a ferrari ( not that I could afford either)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
selespeed said:
I would buy myself a 4porte without a doubt.
Indeedy Hans, one of my all time dreamcars... allthough.. I do like the new one quite a lot, the understatement of the previous model really makes my heart sing :D

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Hoygaard said:
Indeedy Hans, one of my all time dreamcars... allthough.. I do like the new one quite a lot, the understatement of the previous model really makes my heart sing :D
too bad they are so expensive to run :(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think they're hot, although I wouldn't buy one.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
I'd go for a Bentley... That's if there are no other car brands to choose from... :D

·
Registered
38,288 Posts
I could understnd buying one for the british-ness and luxury, but they are now owned by Germans.
Too big and heavy for me, I would have a Ferrari..

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Seriously lardy and uncool motors bought by people who need to try (and subsequently) fail to impress everyone else with their ostentatious show of wealth.:rolleyes:

So, I'm not a fan.:) The old ones make nice wedding cars though and are much nicer than those yank stretch limos that seem to be everywhere now.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts