Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, after my post in tuning and upgrades, im going to need to get an accurate figure for my car....

where can i go to find a good rolling road in yorkshire?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
There's Well Lane Turbo in Batley that a few have used or Racing Line in Halifax :thumbs:

Edit GD beat me :lol:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right, reading a thread on Pistonheads linked in the northern members' rolling road day thread, RSTuning may be worth a shot.

annoyingly, i was going to go there first until i was pointed to another one by someone else.

will give them a ring, see if they "know" selespeeds...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try calling JJB and speak to Johnny, see if he knows someone a bit more local to you that has Alfa knowledge.
You won't get Selespeed into neutral at rolling road speeds, though. Not by conventional means anyway!
true, this is something i asked further up in the thread....how would i get an accurate figure if i cannot get a neutral coast down?

i think leeds is the closest to me, its 25 miles from me to armley, and there doesnt appear to be a rolling road in york at all...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can't fault The Racing Line in Halifax at all - top blokes who really know there stuff (Although never taken my Alfa there - why would I rolling road a 2.0 alfa??!!) I used them for mapping my 350BHP Nissan Pulsar.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I know these guys in York have one www.AlwynKershaw.co.uk
But you need to give them a ring and check its still in use, recently all the Alfa signs have been taken down.
Alwyn died a few years ago and the business was sold.
I tried them when we were looking around for the Yorkshire rolling road day but they don't do rolling road sessions any more.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Or you could try my bro-in-laws place, central leeds (www,bhptuner.co.uk), they have the latest Maha LPS 4wd Dyno, Rated at over 1000bhp, in a custom dyno cell, they do all manor of tuning and live re-mapping, he normally does dyno days a very good price for 2/3 runs, with printouts.
If it happens, ill even get my mate, who has my old Angel tuned 156 on, always wondered what it was actually putting out!

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Hmmmm, i know of some horror stories there bud!
Or you could try my bro-in-laws place, central leeds (www,bhptuner.co.uk), they have the latest Maha LPS 4wd Dyno, Rated at over 1000bhp, in a custom dyno cell, they do all manor of tuning and live re-mapping, he normally does dyno days a very good price for 2/3 runs, with printouts.
If it happens, ill even get my mate, who has my old Angel tuned 156 on, always wondered what it was actually putting out!

Cheers
Craig
Last time you posted on this forum was over a year ago and that was again to advertise for your brother in laws business,tell us something, if he is that good how come and your car was done by Angel as it also says on your sig strip.

Also I don't think it suits your brother in laws business's for you to try and smear RS Tunings reputation,(who incidentally is very good),trust me I know:D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Last time you posted on this forum was over a year ago and that was again to advertise for your brother in laws business,tell us something, if he is that good how come and your car was done by Angel as it also says on your sig strip.

Also I don't think it suits your brother in laws business's for you to try and smear RS Tunings reputation,(who incidentally is very good),trust me I know:D
No worries mate, just what i have heard and seen on some other forums, if you know differently then cool, no offence or smearing intended.

BTW, Just for the record, My 156 was done by Nige @ angel over 6 yrs ago, long before i even knew my bro-in-law.!!
I have since had a couple of vehicle mapped by him and am very happy with the results, one being a 1.9JTD G.T.

C.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alfa tuner, no offence meant, but eaaaasy tiger. you jumped down the guy's throat a little there. i welcome all suggestions.

cragmaz69, cheers for the info, but it was there i went initially. i need a dyno dynamics rolling road to be able to get an accurate reading, the Maha ones need you to do a "rolldown" in neutral from the test to obtain a drag figure, which i cant do in a selespeed. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
alfa tuner, no offence meant, but eaaaasy tiger. you jumped down the guy's throat a little there. i welcome all suggestions.

cragmaz69, cheers for the info, but it was there i went initially. i need a dyno dynamics rolling road to be able to get an accurate reading, the Maha ones need you to do a "rolldown" in neutral from the test to obtain a drag figure, which i cant do in a selespeed. :)

Ah, right yeah, course.

C.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts