Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
impressed with my car to day it pulled 258 bhp :) well chuffed as its completely standard

corrected power 257.1 bhp
engine power 258.4 bhp
drag power 95.3 bhp
torque 213.7 lbf.ft
wheel power 163.1

but did have a big dip on the graph does the 147 gta have variable cam timing ? the guy asked me i said now idea anyone spread some light on this ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
wre they using a twin roller set up as that power at the wheels figure is very low or the drag figure is very high whichever way you look at it..
Twin roller set ups have higher drag figures by nature of the design so that would account the high losses.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
but did have a big dip on the graph does the 147 gta have variable cam timing ? the guy asked me i said now idea anyone spread some light on this ?
Have a look at this rather negative / honest review of a V6 166: Browser Warning
They have a dyno printout which shows the engine suddenly coming alive at a certain point in the rev range. Perhaps this is a consequence of tuning the V6 for top end power and not having any modern technology (variable valve timing, variable inlet manifolds etc) to clean up the results! It is not an indication of variable cam timing - your V6 does not have this feature.
(I'm not knocking the Busso V6 - I shall have one in my next car!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts