Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rolling Road Results - Now With Photos

Went along to the RR day at chipwizards organised by Mark today and had a great time. I've never been to one of these before so was mightily impressed by the setup.

Fully enclosed RR Room with 2 enormous industrial fans throwing cold air into the room. Opening and closing doors you could tell there was a pressure differential between what was outside the room and inside giving a truly controlled environment.

My camera ran out of juice so only have pics of some of the other cars and Mark's GTA which i'll post when the batteries are charged up.

My car made 255.2 bhp at the flywheel and 216.8 bhp at the wheels @ a velocity of 163.5 mph room pressure was 1005 mbar

:cool: and well happy with that, big thanks for Mark for the invite.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yeah good results there ghosty.. was gonna go myself but as i was away all this week when i got home yesterday i was told all the spaces were taken :(

how did you compare against marks?? And were the pugs impressed by the gta's?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll let Mark talk about his car, suffice to say a little mod will be on it's way to me at some point.

I'll take a pic of the graph once batteries are charged and upload with rest of pics.

Matt, the only mod that could be construed as a engine affecting one would be the supersprint cat back system. I haven't had it remapped and it looks like it hasn't been but the SS is giving somewhere around 5bhp more at the top, wish I'd had it baselined before I started though.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only got a few before my battery died, all of Mark's GTA :thumbs:

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Good to hear about your GTA ghosty :):)

Those pictures are nice, anychance you can send me high res pictures if you have them?

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
Congrats GD, a good result there :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sean, isn't the GTA supposed to be 250bhp standard? :confused:
I think that's a difficult question to answer mate, I know it's stated on various websites that the peak bhp is between 247-250, I'll have to check the brochure I have at home for official figures.

That said, from the runs that people have done previously and from what Red Dot Have reportedly said a lot of GTA's are down on power, I'm fairly sure this is down to various reasons, clogged air filters, dodgy sensors, all sorts of things, even poor remaps.

Hope I'm not overstepping the mark (no pun intended) by saying the following.

Mark hasn't shown up to post his results yet but on the day his car put out 262.5 bhp and his car was on straight before mine.

His only modification is a replacement K&N Filter in the original airbox, everything else is completely standard as this was Marks baseline run before he starts tuning the car.

With a output like that I seriously thought it had been remapped previously but he assures me it has not as he has had the car since nearly new.

·
Registered
238 Posts
thanks for the pics Sean, the one with my wheels spinning around looks well cool! :D

will post my pics and graph up 2moro.....

thanks a lot for coming along and providing a comparison for my GTA test!

yeah standard flywheel figure is 250bhp.

the dyno we use is very accurate (as accurate as dyno's can be anyway!). I have used it numerous times over the last few years. All figures are corrected for pressure and temp.

All the standard s1 rallyes we tested made bang on book figure, and the 2.4JTD (chipped I think he said) made 148bhp. I've tested all sorts of standard cars there before and they are very close to manufacturer stated bhp

I was very happy to see my GTA make 263bhp :D

The graphs for both GTA's are near identical in shape. Both have a little peak before the rev limiter and then a sharp drop off. Sean's GTA didnt drop as much as mine hence why his max bhp was at 164mph i think, where as mine was 149mph. This was down to the exhaust I think.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The graphs for both GTA's are near identical in shape. Both have a little peak before the rev limiter and then a sharp drop off. Sean's GTA didnt drop as much as mine hence why his max bhp was at 164mph i think, where as mine was 149mph. This was down to the exhaust I think.
Is the V the rolling road speed or is it calculated? I also have 19s and even with low profiles I think they have a larger rolling circumference than standard so that'll give me a few more mph at the top than a standard but a slower 0-60 :(

1 - 20 of 63 Posts