Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about roll switch not letting to start engine up. what is it? and what it does?

·
Vendor
46,116 Posts
Roll-over switch maybe? Prevents fuel getting to the engine if the car is/has been upside down? I can't say I've ever heard of a switch being referred to as this but I'm just thinking what it could be and what purpose it could serve.. You don't mean the fuel cut-off switch under the passenger seat do you? This can be accidently pressed and will prevent the car starting through lack of fuel.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know if thats the same, roll switch and fuel cut off switch, my car is on a jack now ( one side ) and it wont start, just fires once and thats it. alfa cant be that sensitive and not starting up just because one wheel is off the ground???

·
Vendor
46,116 Posts
Try pressing the button under the passenger seat once, and then try cranking again. I think it is like a toggle switch, press it once to cut off fuel, press again to remove the cut off.

Have you checked for a spark at one of the plugs? Does it sound normal when it is cranking, is it cranking at the correct speed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts