Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 6 broken rockers on my cambelt repair just spoke to dealers they have changed to different rocker so my question is do i need to replace all 16 as dealer says inc tappets ?
or am i able to just replace the broken ones with newer type and have a mixture of old style rocker and new ones?
12 plus vat x 16 inc tappets approx 250 quid like i need that with a broken cam belt lol

any suggestions

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so if i purchase the 6 i need do i need the clips ? they provided with the new rocker
and the ones they are supplying are different to what is already in so will they still work with mixture of the 2 types?

cheers

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
so if i purchase the 6 i need do i need the clips ? they provided with the new rocker
and the ones they are supplying are different to what is already in so will they still work with mixture of the 2 types?

cheers
I can sell you the bits you need cheaper than the dealer and tell you how to do it, give me a call 01582 869 560 option 3

Ned

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers ned
spoke to your colleague thanks for offer and better price than dealers but i can go 3 mile up road and collect them so will have to do that wanna get job done thursday got cambelt kit on order fingers crossed be here tomorrow only got couple more days of work so time is against me but will come back to you in future for anything else i should need

cheers
Mark

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
cheers ned
spoke to your colleague thanks for offer and better price than dealers but i can go 3 mile up road and collect them so will have to do that wanna get job done thursday got cambelt kit on order fingers crossed be here tomorrow only got couple more days of work so time is against me but will come back to you in future for anything else i should need

cheers
Mark
You are also going to need the gasket that goes between the head and the cam carrier, part number 46814174 and injector seals part number 46518716. If you had ordered them yesterday you would have had all the parts today. Let me know if you need any other bits

Ned

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers ned just picked up rockers now there slightly different to whats in the car different clip and little thicker ? do you have same ones i have in the car or would these be the ones you would supply i am bit worried with the difference on the uprated ones that there not quite the same

thanks
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts