Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Men,

If I want to paint the rocker cover what is the best and easiest way to do and what type of paint will I need.

Thanks

AM

·
Registered
564 Posts
I did mine in situe but only did part of it as you can see in the photo's below. :)
I did take the coil cover off as it was easier to spray that in the garage... then I rubbed down the raised parts to get the finnish I wanted. :) :rolleyes:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the cover on the 145 in red crackle paint with polished wording and the cover on the 146 in black crackle. Both looked :cool: .

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I took the cover off (I have a spare cover) and renewed the leaky gasket too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i just painted mine recently (2 days ago) with manganese and rubbed off the raised letterings. looks pretty good. might even rub off the raised circles...see if it's any better.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautifull thats all that can be said about that.

AM

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've started to tidy up my engine bay...starting with the plate that covers the plugs.......

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my spare red high temp exhaust paint.. theiving get cannae leav nothing of mine alone :D

saying that tho i do have his splitter :D

j

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hee hee. That paint was off it was that old !!! I had to put 6 layers of lacquer on top to make it shiny !!!!

Cheers J. I know you would have just sniffed the paint anyway, so I did you a favour ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts