Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im lookin for a rocker cover as mine has just broken :cry: broke the top right corner off mine. any ideas where i can get one? tried fleabay but no luck. 96 cloverleaf

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Uummm! I have one but there's a whole engine with it, and im not sure if i should just sell the engine as a unit or split/break it for parts?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
although a spare engine is apealing i couldn't afford one or the petrol to pick it up as theres quite a few miles between us :lol:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Plastic top or alloy? Im guessing alloy by your picture

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup alloy topped. didn't even know it had broken until i was cleaning the gasket and found a chunk attached :eek: and what came out my mouth can't be repeated on here :lol:
[email protected] give them a try ralf cheers

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think Ralf is talking about the rubber rocker cover GASKET. I doubt you will get an actual alloy rocker cover new for £20. There is someone on Alfa145.com breaking his green QV at the moment so might be worth asking.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Aye! Sorry... :eek:

When I saw rocker cover.. I read/assumed you meant the gasket... I never heard of anyone breaking the actual cover before.. :eek:

Your only bet then is to find a seconda mano one from somewhere.

It may also be worth trying AutoLusso since I know they fix a lot of wrecked engines and sooner or later I'd guess they accumulate bits from engines that are otherwise too badly damaged to fix. They may have a rocker cover knocking about..

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Broken covers on the alloy top CF1 engines can be quite a common issue. Usually happens around one of the lugs that is used to bolt the cover to the engine (there are a couple of corner lugs in particular that are most susceptible to this problem). If the bolts are over tightened then the alloy lug just breaks off meaning there is no longer any clamping force on the rubber gasket in that corner resulting in a slow oil leak from that area.

This problem doesn't exist on the plastic top CF2 engines because the plastic cover has a little bit of flex in it so is more forgiving.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it must have been knackered since i got it cos the reason i changed the gasket is because of oil around one of the sparks and the loverly white gunk from drawing air/moisture from the seal. is there anyone from AutoLusso on here that i can ask about such things?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got two powder coated alloy topped rocker covers for sale.

Both black textured finish, ones never been used since coating, one was on my car for a couple of thousand miles.

Willing to post.

Think i still have a tatty standard one too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
forgot to post that iv got sorted. funny though that its someone in your neck of the woods E500, thats sorted me out. yous must be nickin them all cos theres nothing round here:lol:
cheers to everyone who posted for your input:thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced my broken alloy cover with a plastic one. It doesn't look as good but it does the job and was a lot cheaper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts