Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went for a drive today from edinburgh to inverary on the west coast ish.

good roads thru the trossachs, and a couple of nice places for pictures on a good day, it was a dull day so only took a few, car isnt especially clean tho lol

BOOM

and also this is a work in progress, anthracite camcovers +plenum

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ta :D

coolant is a few weeks old as had a couple of hoses replaced, the expansion tank is all stained :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
How's my old car doing. Did you not need some repairs after a road kill incident. Expensive to repair ? Any other issues since you've had it. I nearly kept it at one stage so I'm curious to know how many miles you've done in it and if it's needed any further work after the stuff I had done last year.

Brings a tear to my eye seeing it. I loved that car, hope you enjoy for many more miles.

My wee 2.2 Brera is a fine car, much better all round build quality (not that the GTA was that bad as it happens) but I miss that V6. I've been tempted to got for a low milage GT V6 but my head tells me to stick with the Brera given better residuals.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Great scenery, nearly as good as Wales ! :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How's my old car doing. Did you not need some repairs after a road kill incident. Expensive to repair ? Any other issues since you've had it. I nearly kept it at one stage so I'm curious to know how many miles you've done in it and if it's needed any further work after the stuff I had done last year.

Brings a tear to my eye seeing it. I loved that car, hope you enjoy for many more miles.

My wee 2.2 Brera is a fine car, much better all round build quality (not that the GTA was that bad as it happens) but I miss that V6. I've been tempted to got for a low milage GT V6 but my head tells me to stick with the Brera given better residuals.
the roadkill incident (4 days into ownership :mad: ) cracked the bumper at the very bottom just forward of the drivers wheel, tore a hole in the arch liner and burst the foglight bulb.

i managed to re-align the bumper, and a new arch liner was £25 from alfa, was such a relief! the crack isnt noticeable enough to warrant the fortunes it would cost to have repaired properly.

when i got the car i took it for a service and a check over, the garage recommended i replaced a couple of water hoses (one rubber, one metal) as they were weak and could have burst without warning. also the rear pads were worn, so i replaced them.

rear discs, front pads, brake fluid, and tyres will be the next things needing doing.

done about 3500 miles since mid july when i got it, and everything has been preventative, or maintainance, or the fault of a badger!

its a great car, i totally love it :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts