Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Well I am not on facebook but I signed the petition.

I wouldn't mind if they spent some of our road tax on the roads, after all that is what it was supposed to be for..

Kirklees isn't unique though, all of the UK's roads are in bad need of better maintenance.

·
Administrator
46,869 Posts
ePetitions have been designed by the government to get people who feel strongly about something to just tick a box - which the government can then safely ignore - rather than actually doing something about it.

If you actually care about this subject, write to your MP. If all you do is sign that petition, you might as well have just complained to a brick wall.

N

·
0 Posts
What Bazza said.

Or try being bolshy and burning some stuff, 'cause that works
well over here.

;)

K

·
0 Posts
But the bloke who's moving in after him? Seriously, things are going to get worse before they get better.
The voice of common sense! There's a big **** off poster of the **** near my work and it makes me both queasy and depressed.

The whole world seems to think that things will improve dramatically the instant he's in power but it just won't. In 5-6 years' time we'll be having all the same conversations again about Cameron.

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
The voice of common sense! There's a big **** off poster of the **** near my work and it makes me both queasy and depressed.

The whole world seems to think that things will improve dramatically the instant he's in power but it just won't. In 5-6 years' time we'll be having all the same conversations again about Cameron.
We might be saying the same thing about Cameron. That is why we need a change every few years instead of ploughing on in the same old direction.

K

·
0 Posts
We might be saying the same thing about Cameron. That is why we need a change every few years instead of ploughing on in the same old direction.
Quite possibly but I'm a civil servant in one of the Treasury's departments and it has made me very cynical. Come the revolution (or an election) it will be the same civil servants offering words of wisdom to ministers as before.

J

·
0 Posts
Quite possibly but I'm a civil servant in one of the Treasury's departments and it has made me very cynical. Come the revolution (or an election) it will be the same civil servants offering words of wisdom to ministers as before.
so are you saying we should get rid of the civil servants then ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts