Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me if this has been set in stone yet for our cars?

I've had my renewal though for the next 12 months and its 'only' £215. Has all the crazy talk of £450+ retrospective taxing been dropped?

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
Goes up to £245 in April, but still band "K".

They are only band "M" if registered after 23rd March 2006.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will all change in the budget after the election. Expect to be paying £££££££££'s in 2011.
If you buy a new car which is uneconomical and your aware that its going to cost you a lot more tax because of it, then that seems fair.

But its very unfair to potentially force people to sell their older cars because they have been whacked up into an unaffordable tax bracket all of a sudden. Not to mention that their cars will have become worthless overnight.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Which is what they tried to do in the last budget.

I don't mind paying more given the emissions and £245 seems fair given the momunental ****** up labour has made with the economy. £30 more a year I can afford but as above, doubling the rate wihout warning only serves to punish people for a decision they made years ago. I don't think they will be so stupid again as it did mess up the second hand Market when it was proposed which in a recession didn't help at all.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
if the tax goes up to over £400 i gonna stop paying it i tink (not really), prob be worth running the risk of taking off your plates and not paying the disc. i just bought my new disc at £215 3 weeks ago, i'll save the 30 quid for next years hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts