Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoiler Alert

If you haven't watched qualifying or the races & don't want to know the results best not look at this thread as it will contain spoilers, so don't say you weren't warned :p

Also as there is/will be threads for MotoGP / WSB / BSB etc. please only post results or discussions in the appropriate threads so people can read certain threads without seeing spoilers for other classes they may not yet have viewed ;)

=================================

Looking forward to hopefully a year of great & safe road racing :cool: :thumbs:

Northwest 200 10 - 16 May

IOM TT 30 May - 12 Jun

Ulster GP 3 - 8 Aug

More here MCUI(UC) Home

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cookstown 100 coverage:

There will be extended highlights from the meeting on Monday, 11 May at 22:45 BST at BBC1.

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's also Cookstown 100 coverage for 2 hours tomorrow morning from 10:45am on Eurosport 2/HD :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Big news - Michael Dunlop is ditching the R1 that isn't working and switching back to last year's BMW.

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yamaha will be impressed, or not ;)

A brave decision & hopefully it'll work out for Michael, pity BMW didn't sign him for this year :headbang:

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Yamaha will be impressed, or not ;)

A brave decision & hopefully it'll work out for Michael, pity BMW didn't sign him for this year :headbang:
He's a worry that lad. Seems totally and completely fearless but there's a lot of hard stuff to hit on the IoM. He's now going to tackle it on someone else's BSB bike hurriedly adapted.

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True although he's calmed down his riding style a bit over the last couple of years.

Hutchy does 130 tonight & Michael Dunlop 128 on the superstock :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No racing today on the island due to wind.

Michael Dunlop 2nd fastest on the BMW Superbike in practice on Friday night :wow: :cool: & 6th overall :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Finally some racing and Bruce Anstey takes the Superbike race by just under 11 seconds from Ian Hutchinson with James Hillier third on a 3 year old bike. Michael Dunlop was in 3rd at Cronk-ny-Mona but didn't make it to the finish, must be gutted. Amazing that only 11 seconds difference after over 200 miles of public road racing..

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great to see Bruce take a big bike win although I was hoping Hutchy would do it. Impressive to see Michael Dunlop in 3rd after just a few laps on the bike, pity he got taken out & hopefully he'll be ok for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Great to see Bruce take a big bike win although I was hoping Hutchy would do it. Impressive to see Michael Dunlop in 3rd after just a few laps on the bike, pity he got taken out & hopefully he'll be ok for the rest of the week.
I must admit I was rooting for Hutchinson. Dunlop was very impressive, I think that poor bike was terrified. Good start to the week.

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Two wins for Ian Hutchinson.

Unlike F1 where I couldn't really give a **** who wins, I am usually quite happy regardless at the tt. Anyone who can manhandle a bike round that course faster than the rest is alright by me.

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Delighted to see Hutchy get both of those wins :thumbs: (pity Steve Parish made a few comments during the buildup to & coverage of the Superstock race)

Bad luck for Michael Dunlop in the Supersport race but again a very good result for him in the Superstock considering his crash a few days ago.

Not a good TT for William either.

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Delighted to see Hutchy get both of those wins :thumbs: (pity Steve Parish made a few comments during the buildup to & coverage of the Superstock race)

Bad luck for Michael Dunlop in the Supersport race but again a very good result for him in the Superstock considering his crash a few days ago.

Not a good TT for William either.
The logic of showing them arse about face was completely lost on me to be honest.

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Btw, I don't know if you've seen it but you can get in race updates from the tt website. You can follow races live via the split times.

·
Administrator
87,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The logic of showing them arse about face was completely lost on me to be honest.
I suppose they want to give more focus & time to the Superstock race ? they could still have done that & showed them in the correct order.

Btw, I don't know if you've seen it but you can get in race updates from the tt website. You can follow races live via the split times.
Thanks but I'd rather watch the ITV4 coverage without knowing the results.

Hutchy does the hat trick winning Supersport race 2 :thumbs: No betting against him making it 4, hopefully Michael Dunlop will be able to get a good result in the Senior on Friday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts