Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the problems I'm having with my GTVs speedo see here

someones lent me a road angel. The installation is a bit of a pain, but I must say I've found it quite fascinating. I've discovered there's a couple of accident black spots near where I live, and the alert did effect my driving behaviour - I was definitely more cautious.

The model I've been lent does also detect lasers, although they do point out that such detection is not as reliable as detecting fixed cameras etc.

I'm not sure if I'd buy one, but it is good fun to play around with at the moment :)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
My better half bought the classic when it came out and we got the latest one with the sat nav built in for our daughter for crimbo.

Scares the hell outta ya when you get followed down the motorway lol :D (not that I speed or anything officer ;) )

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Garry.

I / we have two RA+'s. No wires :cool: Does laser and all the fixed, variable, SPECS cams but now also does the location of mobile cams and piggy banks (vans). This was done via a recent firmware update.

I bought mine for £299 in June but managed to get the wife an RA+ for crimbo off ebay. Boxed, with purchase receipt (for £349) and with all bits and bobs for £100 plus a tenner delivery.

Neither of us could be without them now.

My speedo is nigh on accurate (2mph out at most). The wifes is about 5-6 mph out which is confusing considering their essentially the same cars :confused:

There's a picture of it in the saloon in my gallery :)

Get one is my advice!!!

Cheers,

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Simon, I think that's the same model I'm borrowing, accept my one has a red light at the top (I think it's something to do with laser detection?). Fitting in it the GTV would be a bit more problematic than with the 156, although I am thinking about it, it is quite impressive. They do seem to have come down quite a bit in price too now. If anyone want one they might want to follow the link below:

Road Angel

·
Registered
335 Posts
I use a Road Angel 6000 GPS/Sat Nav thingy and i must say im pretty impressed with that....

And the blackspot warnings do make you take notice thats for sure! I wouldnt be without my Road Angel thingy on any journey now... Its saved my bacon more times than i care to remember!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
They do a 7000 SATNAV now aswell. They offered me £150 for my plus against a new 7000 at Autosport last week. Cost to change £169.00.

I was tempted but if I was going to rely solely on a SATNAV device it would be a Garmin NUVi 310D with traffic avoidance and the speedcam database from www.pocketgpsword.com :cool:

Borrowed a mates last Tuesday and would highly recommend it. No laser though :(

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The taxi that picked us up from Chester yesterday had a Tom-Tom. It too warned of speed camaera's etc. It seemed to work fine, although it was a bit odd that the driver had to keep asking us directions :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts