Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
So it was sunny but cold yesterday so I decided to give the Spider a run out. So down went the roof and crack, there goes the rear screen.
I'm not too worried as I had planned to look at changing it this year as it's the original and a little worse for wear. It had a not so great repair by the previous owner following a botched break-in.
I've been looking around at replacements and always liked the idea of a glass screen rather than the usual perspex. So I found this crowd in Germany. They appear to have an upgraded version of the hood with better sound proofing and a rear glass screen. They also have the option for a one piece hood which I think looks great (despite the not so great pictures).
Has anybody got any experience of the company and also the hoods they provide. It's not cheap so any advice or views would be great, thanks.

Donal

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
The hoods look great, whether you choose to stick with the original design or the complete all in one hood, which I think makes it look like a lot of modern convertables. As you say expensive but looks as if the do a good job from the photos on the finshed cars. Maybe one of our German alfisti's would know more. Mine will have a new hood this year as it doesn't look great.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hoods look great, whether you choose to stick with the original design or the complete all in one hood, which I think makes it look like a lot of modern convertables. As you say expensive but looks as if the do a good job from the photos on the finshed cars. Maybe one of our German alfisti's would know more. Mine will have a new hood this year as it doesn't look great.
Yeah it does look good, would love if somebody had some experience of them.
One of the guys on my team is German so I'll catch up with him this week to get a better translation of the website.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't miss it, never looked for it really. When I mentioned the botched repair, it had been attempted where the panel attaches to the main hood. I've had it looked at and twice told that the best bet was to replace the hood. Also its starting to fray at some of the edges.
And to be honest I like the look of these hoods and most importantly I have "permission" to replace it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cheap version to bide your time?

Hi there,

Can't argue with any of the comments so far but will have to save the pennies to get the £1,100 or so together to do it.

In the meantime, if you are anywhere in the South-East, I can recommend this company to do a replacement for your existing rear (plastic) screen - Car Hoods - Hoods County Customs. I seem to remember that I paid something like £170.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts