Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favourite fact about Rush is that their 3rd album and tour got a really disappointing reaction, and the prevailing theory was that this was because their prog rock approach meant the songs were too long and complicated for radio stations to play, so they didn't get the airtime.

So, in an attempt to recover, they released their next album with a 20 minute first song. :D

·
Vendor
45,311 Posts
Need to hear more music from Rush. In my mix of favourite couple of hundred tracks there are a couple of Rush tunes, but apart from that I know very little of their music.

RIP Neil.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My favourite fact about Rush is that their 3rd album and tour got a really disappointing reaction, and the prevailing theory was that this was because their prog rock approach meant the songs were too long and complicated for radio stations to play, so they didn't get the airtime.

So, in an attempt to recover, they released their next album with a 20 minute first song. :D
2112 was essential listening for me as a teenager, it's still one of the finest albums ever made in my opinion.
Neil Peart was probably the most technically proficient drummer ever, and a damn fine songwriter too. Very sad news.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Although not a fan I grew up wiith people who were so listened to quite a bit of Rush.

He was a man not afraid of a cymbal or 10!

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
RIP Neil. I listened to quite a lot of Rush as a kid and an awful lot more today. Saw them recently on the Clockwork Angels tour.
The Garden is the last song on the last album and poignant song it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts