Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa 1 Rat 0

A bit gruesome I know, but I struck a rat crossing the road on Saturday night - it wasn't wearing Hi-Vis. Last night it's decapitated remains were still visible at the side of the road - should I report it:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
46,358 Posts
I had to put my wheels either side of an already deceased pheasant the other day, as traffic didn't allow me to go around. It scraped against the engine guard.

When I got home, the dogs were trying to crawl under the car to get closer to the smell.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there not some rule whereby if you cause road kill you have to take it home and eat it?.
Maybe cook it first!:lol:
Almost, if you were responsible for the road kill you aren't supposed to take it.

I was following a mate in years gone by when he hit a pheasant in his Morris Traveller, he stopped and threw it in the back. A few minutes later the poor bird woke up - it had been stunned, and started flapping about, he pulled up and let the bird out which promptly flew off.

Should have been Youtube in those days - it did look comical :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Loads of Pheasants around at the moment. Must have been a good year for the birds and now obviously the shooters!
To be honest most the pheasants you see will have been reared in pens and then released by organised shoots. They end up on the roads as the need grit to help them digest corn and seeds they are fed. One shoot I used to go on raised almost 50000 pheasants and 5000 partridge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts