Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
just saw that on the bbc - very sad. i remember watching him a few times at anfield in the late 80's and he always worked his socks off, nothing flash, just a good solid player

rip gary :(

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
FAR too young to have passed away, very sad indeed.........:(

Didn't he have some unique record to have won the F.A. Cup with Liverpool and Everton, or something like that, to do with both those clubs........:confused:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Another shockingly young death. Very sad indeed.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Very sad news and so soon after Gary Speed.

A perfect ambassador for all the good things about football on merseyside.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A perfect ambassador for all the good things about football on merseyside.
I must have left Liverpool some 10 years before he made his début for the first team and living in Somerset, it wasn't possible to go and watch Liverpool play at Anfield. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong but I also don't recall any uproar from fans or the press on his move to Everton? I can't imagine for one minute that fan culture as it is, was any different then to what it is now.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I can't imagine for one minute that fan culture as it is, was any different then to what it is now.
True - the rivalry between genuine Everton & Liverpool fans is generally of a jovial nature, it's the scouse way.

RIP Gary, too young.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
It's a shame that a small element can spoil the atmosphere for the majority Icheb.

Such a shame Gary Ablett couldn't win his battle with cancer. Ithought the gesture by referee Mark Halsey who was the only referee to wear the black armband at the weekend was very poignant. Halsey who recently has recovered from treatment for a cancerous tumour.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts