Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

What do you think about RING Sportzblue 80 W bulbs? I' ve heard those are the best bulbs for a daylight color. I don' t want to install xenon because I can have problems at technical control, my 156 isn' t equiped for that kind of light.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the sportzblue are not road legal , have a close look at the label .
get the ring xenon direct replacement bulb . that is the best and easiest option .

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
No way near being road legal! i agree with scot360, the Xenon replacement is the best way.

·
Registered
290 Posts
80W are not legal. dipped beam lights have to be 55W, anything more will dazzle other drivers and be dangerous.
(thats the UK law, but cant see why there'd be a difference on the continent)

If your looking for a decent relatively cheap upgrade try some Phillips X-treme power bulbs, they are a vast improvement over the standard alfa bulbs and they gve off a better whiter light.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Running 80W bulbs for any period of time runs the risk of melting various plastic components inside the lamp. 55W bulbs can raise a lamp perilously close to the softening temperature of some of the plastics used, so an extra 60% is likely to do some damage.
Not to mention that they are for off road use only, and illegal for use on public highways.

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Philips Extreme power are my choice. They come top in most tests, and are road legal.

They are still 55w, but the filament is run hotter to produce brighter, whiter light.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
and don't forget that the wiring is designed to operate 55W bulbs ... ok it might be able to cope with 80W ... but do you really want the risk of an electrical fire???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts