Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
very nice, need's some red calipers now behind them :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Black rims can be cool, but not on a black car... you need contrast. Besides that, black rims make the wheels look smaller, also an effect of the missing contrast between rims and tires since they are both black. Another thing that goes wrong with 'all black' cars is the fact that even though you paint everything black, the type of material renders it different. So in stead of the uniform black car you wanted you get a 50 shades of black sort of mess...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Black rims can be cool, but not on a black car... you need contrast. Besides that, black rims make the wheels look smaller, also an effect of the missing contrast between rims and tires since they are both black. Another thing that goes wrong with 'all black' cars is the fact that even though you paint everything black, the type of material renders it different. So in stead of the uniform black car you wanted you get a 50 shades of black sort of mess...
It's an alfa so it was was already 50 shades of black when it left the factory! Far from being a mess I think it looks cool and mean!!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Looking really smart till you put them on the car, not terrible by any means but agree with other comment about some bright red calipers making some difference and the centre cap being on. Your exhaust is mahooosive by the way lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometime in the near future I'll be doing brake upgrade so it'll be a nice big shiny disc and red caliper as contrast.

And as far as the exhaust goes its being changed very soon! Ordering a new exhaust all the way! new fronts, sport cat, midpipe and tail! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
too much black for me; the car looks like a bug on the road.....the clack color is for big cars, limousines, vans, things like that, tiny cars need something that define the lines and the wheels are that element, almost any car looks fine in black but sports cars looks even better in another color. IMO

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
I'm not generally a fan of black wheels, especially on black cars, but that looks cool! Are you batman?
I agree with the first bit. Black wheels are just another 'phase' or 'craze' that will soon pass. Just like puberty.

Generally when I see black wheels on cars the ICE is loud, there are dangly toys hanging down from the rear view mirror, and Trevor and Tracy in the front are smoking and chewing gum at the same time.

Having said all that, I did see a white Giulietta the other day with black wheels, and I've gotta say it looked good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts