Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone used or have experience of using these to protest the alloy wheels on their car

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Why not just not kerb your alloys, much cheaper ;)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Alloy gators seem to get better reviews providing they are fitted properly. I meant to get some before Xmas when they had 10% off but left it too late. Once my tyres need replacing I'm going to get them done, then tracking, then alloy refurb and then fit the alloygators.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Alloy gators seem to get better reviews providing they are fitted properly. I meant to get some before Xmas when they had 10% off but left it too late. Once my tyres need replacing I'm going to get them done, then tracking, then alloy refurb and then fit the alloygators.
Endorsed by Quentin Wilson, they must be good then.

·
Registered
221 Posts
good idea ..ive no proof or reason but look like they could become loose at high speeds!

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
Alloy Gators sit under the tyre edge so don't come loose. I was going to do this, but instead, just opted for a slightly different profile tyre that offers better rim protection.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Just bought a set of rimblades in silver for the XJ - will report back if they're any good.
The alloygaters require jacking of the car, deflation of the tyre and general faffing around that really doesn't appeal. The rimblades stick on with a thin strip pushing into the alloy/tyre wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.