Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Looking to place an order soon and would like to specify 19" wheels - however my budget doesn't run to adaptive suspension . Wondering if anyone is running 19's on standard suspension and what your thoughts are on ride quality ?? cheers

·
Registered
387 Posts
Unfortunately 19" Alloys are not an option in the UK market (apart from QV where they are standard fitment) so it kind of resolves the problem for you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nope, currently Veloce model 18" alloys maximum available at the moment. It is odd cant think of any reasons why they cannot offer the 19" like everywhere else.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got Qf-style 19" on Veloce, and they were optional. Unfortunately I can't help with the original question as I do have the adaptive suspension.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got Qf-style 19" on Veloce, and they were optional. Unfortunately I can't help with the original question as I do have the adaptive suspension.
Hi Seb17 - not sure what the different settings are for the adaptive suspension but how is the ride quality in settings other than comfort ?

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
nothing wrong with 19inch on a standard setting in a base Giulia, a lot softer than 159Ti but firm

soft setting is good though, but only comes with a Veloce pack or whatever it is called there, i dont know what to advise, possibly lean towards what your preference is, if its 19inch wheels, well youre halfway to tolerating what goes with that, a little firmer ride, but not backbreaking in this car

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi Seb17 - not sure what the different settings are for the adaptive suspension but how is the ride quality in settings other than comfort ?
Suspension is adjusted for Dynamic mode, the other modes are "soft".

Having said that, the ride is a bit harder, you definitely sense the change when going to D, but it still very civilised: it won't shake your teeth out. I wouldn't mind driving in it all the time.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Suspension is adjusted for Dynamic mode, the other modes are "soft".

Having said that, the ride is a bit harder, you definitely sense the change when going to D, but it still very civilised: it won't shake your teeth out. I wouldn't mind driving in it all the time.
How you finding the Veloce Seb - i'm considering at the moment but more money than i'd wish to normally spend on a car. So head v heart battle :biglaugh:

What sort of mpg are you getting from it ?

The performance from the test drive impressed me

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like it very much ;-). I specifically wanted Q4, hence the Veloce. Did some testing on Autobahn in Germany and the car is very responsive and goes very willingly to 220km/h (I stopped there at that time).

Mileage (petrol) depends of course and is close to quoted number: for me around 9 l/100km (= 31mpg imp) city, to around 6 l/100km (=47mgp imp) outside of city. Highway is a bit higher due to higher cruise speed (130-140kmh = 80-87mph).

From cost point of view, you may consider getting a "standard" Giulia and tuning it up to Veloce engine spec. That's already possible in NL. I also hear that the engines put out more power than quoted (310hp) and have still some margins left (see Giulia Introductie, Alfa Giulia - Squadra Tuning). I'm hoping that "Veloce" engine will be putting +330 horses on the road after tune.

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
I also hear that the engines put out more power than quoted (310hp) and have still some margins left (see Giulia Introductie, Alfa Giulia - Squadra Tuning). I'm hoping that "Veloce" engine will be putting +330 horses on the road after tune.
hi Seb
could you translate those columns for me, i get what they are trying to say, before tune, after tune etc, but which is what exactly

http://www.squadra-tuning.nl/cms/FCKeditor/cstmFiles/wwwsquadra-tuningnl/giulia-200-280-pk-belofte-werkelijkheid.gif

im guessing RPM on far left followed by a row of columns in red and blue that confuse me as to whether they are talking about the 280hp engine or the tuned 200hp

edit: nevermind, just got it, "Belofte" doesnt mean "before" it means "manufacture specs" ... got it, thats what threw it all out for me, its just HP and Nm as measured, no tuning involved here

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's indeed the case: estimated performance as it should be, given the specs against the actual number tested on a bench.
Thin lines: expected numbers for power (hp) & torque (Nm)
Tick lines: measured numbers for power (hp) & torque (Nm)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts