Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to the forum can someone help i have had a 82 gold clover sud in silver now red for about 4 months,im having trouble finding the right shocks for the rear the ones i found are short and pulling the height down what is the right height for the gold clover.does anyone know of the history of the car wwe 822y this is a new reg about 2 years ago.
thanks terry

·
Registered
315 Posts
hi Terry, and welcome,

not sure if there is a definitive ride height for the Gold Cloverleaf, but from what I've gathered from the experts on this forum, it will be the springs not the shocks that determine the ride height.

I always thought that in standard form my GCL sat too high, so I was happy to get different springs to get it to sit a bit lower.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Terry - what you probably have is shocks for a later Sprint or 33, which are slightly shorter in length due to them having a different type of rear axle. I have some of the correct type, pm me if you still need some.
John.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i put the shocks in i had to compress the springs by 50mm which makes the it sit at least 40mm lower than the front,when i take the nuts of the top it sits level at about 645mm to the arch. i can machine something to lengthen the shocks or would it be best to shorten the springs front and rear

K

·
0 Posts
i would fit the correct length shocks ;)

shouldn't have to compress the springs to fit the shocks, they are pulling the ride height down as you've said, so will have very little (none?) reverse travel. go over a bump and the wheel will lift off the ground

K

·
0 Posts
hi kev are you the man who bought a coupe engine of me in stafford to put in a 145
i did :thumbs:

guilty :D

you still got that coupe? still recall the test drive you gave me, keeps me thinking of other things to fit the 20VT into ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no not got it the wife decided :rolleyes:we could get rid of our 2 cars and have 1 eco one so got a 147 oil burner not happy with it,it will be gone soon stuff the fuel costs

K

·
0 Posts
no not got it the wife decided :rolleyes:we could get rid of our 2 cars and have 1 eco one so got a 147 oil burner not happy with it,it will be gone soon stuff the fuel costs
:lol:

women eh :rolleyes:

why can't they manage with just one handbag :confused:

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts