Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woah.!!!
Just stayed up to listen to the fight. Hatton was down twice in the first round and then KOed in the second in a one sided fight. Feel a bit gutted as i desperately wanted hatton to win. I just never realised pacqiuo was that good.
This is the end for hatton i think. Gutted. :(

H

·
0 Posts
Pac-Man is by far the best pound for pound in the world. Hatton was very good, and full of heart,throughout his career, but just not technically good enough to beat the very best.

I hope Hatton calls it a day now, he's given us some great fights, and some fantastic memories.

K

·
0 Posts
Pac-Man is by far the best pound for pound in the world. Hatton was very good, and full of heart,throughout his career, but just not technically good enough to beat the very best.

I hope Hatton calls it a day now, he's given us some great fights, and some fantastic memories.
Do feel sorry for Hatton, as one tends to for most fighters who have been humiliated after previously ruling the roost.

For me, Hatton will forever be remembered as the man who stopped one of the best fighters of the past decade, Kostya Tszyu. That's no mean feat and certainly something he can always feel proud of.

·
Registered
330 Posts
For me, Hatton will forever be remembered as the man who stopped one of the best fighters of the past decade, Kostya Tszyu. That's no mean feat and certainly something he can always feel proud of.
Yeah that was his moment :)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I just watched the fight this Morning, Hatton really didn't have a look in at all, that Guy is one vicious fighter. Sadly Hatton is still Hospital, more precaution than anything else apparently, but he was out cold for a LONG time. Lets hope he calls it a Day now. Shame he couldn't have won this fight though !!!!!......

V

·
0 Posts
i was up late last night and was trying to justify the cost of the fight to myself, in the end i decided its not worth it, and im so glad now. 2 rounds thats pathetic :eek: i wanted hatton to win but didn't think he would, just didn't think he would loose so quickly.

K

·
0 Posts
I will always remember him for fantastic predictions in City v United games.

I haven't seen it but it seems he took a bit of a pasting. I hope he retires now whilst he's still in one piece.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
SKY Sports just reported he's been given the " All Clear " and left Hospital, which is good news all round after the battering he took !!!!.....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
SKY Sports just reported he's been given the " All Clear " and left Hospital, which is good news all round after the battering he took !!!!.....
Thats good news.
Pacman was just too fast and accurate for Ricky. Awesome power in his punches too.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pac man was on a completely different level. Nobody could have predicted how one sided the fight would be.
I think a lot of the blame for the loss has got to go down to his trainer (mayweather sr).
It was bassically the same old ricky fighting last night. No head movement and keeping his hands low which turned out to be his downfall. He was wide open to the hook from the minute the bell went.
Surely it was mayweathers job to tell ricky to avoid the hook.
After all thats what put him down twice in the first round.?
Anyway i hope he hangs up his gloves now. He has tried and failed twice now. Its time to call it a day before he gets hurt.
You have nothing left to prove now ricky.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Pac man was on a completely different level. Nobody could have predicted how one sided the fight would be.
I think a lot of the blame for the loss has got to go down to his trainer (mayweather sr).
It was bassically the same old ricky fighting last night. No head movement and keeping his hands low which turned out to be his downfall. He was wide open to the hook from the minute the bell went.
Surely it was mayweathers job to tell ricky to avoid the hook.
After all thats what put him down twice in the first round.?
Anyway i hope he hangs up his gloves now. He has tried and failed twice now. Its time to call it a day before he gets hurt.
You have nothing left to prove now ricky.

Completely agree with you there my friend, I was cringing at times during the fight, and was wondering how much punishment he could take, as the inevitable was always going to happen, and I too hope he calls it a Day now. Sadly though, he may well be remembered for just this one night, which would be a real shame !!!!!......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts