Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2007 GT. I have bought a "lift and Reverse" Richbrook Gear Knob from deamontweaks (as it said fits all Lift and Reverse levers) to replace the plastic one. However, the space in the bottom of the know is not quite large enough to fit the plastic gear lever sleave.

I noticed that DeamonTweaks also sell gear leaver sleaves of different colours and lengths.

Does anyone know:

1. An easy fix to fit the gear knob over the plastic shaft?
2. Do the aftermarket gear sleaves work and maintain the "lift and Reverse" function, and if so what lenghth to use?

Regards.

Jamie.

·
Banned
857 Posts
Do the aftermarket gear sleaves work and maintain the "lift and Reverse" function, and if so what lenghth to use?
The Richbrook gear sleeves are not designed to move. They are threaded and designed to screw on in place of the finishing piece on the bottom of some of their gearknobs and provide you with somewhere to attach gaiters to stop them sliding up and down the gear lever.

As for making the knob itself fit, someone on here managed to machine out the hole to make it bigger.

Frankly I am surprised that one of the manufacturers hasn't caught on to the potential market for a lift-reverse knob with a larger hole....

B

·
0 Posts
Nice knob! - Very similar to the tatty one I have in my 156 - will get one of these. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies.

I don't think the gear shafts are an option then, as it could be a potential disaster with the reverse gear when selecting 6th.

I'm in the army so I might pop the Richbrook knob down to the armourer to see if he can ground .5 mil out of the inside wall for a couple of beers.

Cheers. Loving my GT that I only got last week. I have in my drive a BMW 318d, an Audi A5 TFSI 2.0 Quattro convertible (both automatic) but even though they are both great cars, and everything is very refined, they seam boring compared to the GT. The BMW is work, the Audi is the wife's and the GT is for fun, and it is.

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts