Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

In 2000 i bought on of the last production items of 145 1.4 TS. After 25.000 km the engine started playing strange games. Specially in the summer and/or after an hour in traffic or so, the engine started to do "up" and "downs" followed by the same movements in the revolution counter. Alfa romeo, not very politely, agreed to change the lampda sensor in my car for free. The car had a good behaviour for about 10.000km but after this period the phenomenon of "up" and "down" started again. I didn't have the money to change it again and i didn't do anything, as i thought it must be a faulty spare part. At 60.000 km the car started to present another strange problem: Every morning, when i was trying to exceed 3000 r/h the engine was not responding. This was happening one time (every morning) and then it stoped.
(of course the up and down thing was there every day, all day).

During the 80.000 km service, alfa romeo changed again the faulty spare part. At the moment (87.000km) the engine has no gaps but the up and down thing is still here. I started to think that i bought a car full of bags.

Please forget my bad english but i cannot describe the facts in a technical way because i am not so experienced in cars and
don't hesitate to ask me further details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to avoid any misunderstandings i paid for the second replacement of the lambda sensor. Please i would like to have some details regarding all these technical issues

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

my 145 does the same thing when i am stopped the revs drop from 1000 to about 900 and then back up again it happens every 10 second or so

i looked in the service history and the lambda sensor has been changed

doesn't seem to have any other symptoms

is it likely to turn into a big problem ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Alfa Runner said:
Hi

my 145 does the same thing when i am stopped the revs drop from 1000 to about 900 and then back up again it happens every 10 second or so

i looked in the service history and the lambda sensor has been changed

doesn't seem to have any other symptoms

is it likely to turn into a big problem ?
My 145 has had a Lambda sensor replaced at every MOT to pass the emission test, its dodgey German parts if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
This is a common symptom of a faulty/sticky idle control valve.
You can clean the device with carb cleaner, but be very careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts