Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I admit i neglected my 97 GTV when I got another car but i took it out for spin last night and have decided to keep it on.

Its a really beat up wee alfa but its tough and it has character :D

I'm just going to list out the small wee bugs that are wrong with it and if anyone could help I would really appreciate it:: thanks:

List of Bugs:

-- The aerial on the radio wont go up now when I turn on the radio so the radio doesnt pick up reception.

-- the passenger side window will not work now. this just occurred recently.

-- the dash lights seem very dull and dont light up properly at all at night

--the trip clock goes to blank when the car is turned off

--The variator is gone,,car doesnt have the alfa sound. this has been for the past few years but i ignored it. its only when sitting idle that the car sounds a wee bit like a diesel.

-- The passenger seat wont slide forwards/backwards anymore

-- think the back shocks are gone,,I can order these off a website anyway

G

·
-- The aerial on the radio wont go up now when I turn on the radio so the radio doesnt pick up reception.
Mine was stiff at the start - I used vaseline to help it once I'd 'got it up' :)
You can turn these up - it's an oblong button with a triangle on it to the left of the steering wheel

-- The passenger seat wont slide forwards/backwards anymore
Bit of grease required?

It doesn't sound tooooooo bad nasher :thumbs:

G

·
List of Bugs:

Probably the motor, common problem, cheap enough to replace from Maplin or eBay.

-- the passenger side window will not work now. this just occurred recently.

Again probably the motor, but expensive. May be worth testing the switch/wiring, I assume relay/fuse would affect both windows.

There is a dial to the right of the steering wheel to adjust this.

--the trip clock goes to blank when the car is turned off

Mine does this, I assume it is normal??

HTH

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the button to turn up the dash light doesnt work,,I think a fuse must have blown somewhere.

so for the aerial motor do i just search for an alfa GTV motor or is it a generic one.

The passenger window problem sounds like it will be tricky.

My car has air con as well looking at other posts,,just a wee button with a snow flake on it??? well thats not working as well. I guess it needs a refill,,what do i do there?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My car has air con as well looking at other posts,,just a wee button with a snow flake on it??? well thats not working as well. I guess it needs a refill,,what do i do there?
Yes thats the button inset into the rotary temp control.

My '99 GTV aircon doesn't work:( May need a regas, but in my experience with cars of this age with aircon, the problem is normally more than just a regas, leaks being the most common followed by a duff compressor.

I have resighned myself to living with it - I only miss it when I get in my wifes focus and luvly ice cold air fills the cabin:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
so for the aerial motor do i just search for an alfa GTV motor or is it a generic one.
just a generic complete electric aerial from ebay/halfrauds/eurocarparts or your local factors will do the job....black or chrome is a personal choice but i think black looks better on a gtv

oh.. you may have to reuse the rubber bung though as sometimes the ones in the packs arent the correct shape.

its an easy job to swap them over

1 - 10 of 10 Posts