Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dudes!

Just got back from holidays and a quick trip to Novitec, and got myself a new Cup Exhaust (DM870), Maxxair Air Intake (CM951), Cup Dampers (BF544) and a strut brace!

I've posted a picture gallery in the photography section of our little tour on the Novitec premises, and in the 'my alfa 147' section I've posted preliminary reviews of the exhaust and the intake system. Enjoy! Reviews of the dampers and strut brace will be coming up after my next track day or something, methinks. For now, here is a picture of the Novitec Cup Exhaust sound:

That's one happy 147dude! :D :D :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi Ulf, nice to see you back. :)

The back box with the 2 pipes looks very nice! I saw the photos at your website... that red 147GTA was there for something too?

Cheers for sharing,

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks dude! Yup, the GTA was in there for something, don't know what though. Might have been routine service or something, we actually had a black 147GTA in the mirror as well on the way from Munich to Stetten... :D :D :D

Yes, the box is awesome. But check uot that big fat pipe that's leading to it, and compare it to the half-rusted crap that was there originally... I can only say: :D

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
i cant believe how binning two silencers doesnt result in more power? :confused:

btw are they the 2nd and 3rd stage of the catalytic convertor? you should get the CSC manifold now... without the 1st cats wink wink :D

looks really good - doesnt look like an addon at all. :cool:

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
hey Dude, :cool: to see you were at the F factory as well. Couple of weeks ago I was @ Fer., Maser and Lamo :cool:

Nice piccies :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks dudes! I noticed at least the top speed was the same on the way back as on the way down.

Down: Original exhaust, K&N filter, crappily mounted.

Up: Novitec Cup Exhaust, Maxxair Air Intake.

I spoke a little to a guy who does modern engine tuning about this, and he says that because the engine management thingie is adaptive, most likely changes to the breathing system (exhaust, intake) won't give you more power until you reprogram the ECU. But then, it's a necessity to do things like this. So you can guess what my next planned step is for my bella, but not not, because now I'm Broke with a capital B..... :D :D :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well the Autodelta cold air intake definitely made a difference I could feel without me touching the ECU.

I'd love to hear your exhaust now Ulf. Man been trying to get the exhaust guys over here in Sydney to get rid of those exact two resonators you bypassed but so many of them do not want to do it in fear that my car will be too loud. Bastards!

And so all that techno music and hype about the maxxair intake... and the wat they say the sound is tuned etc etcis all bull? You're saying your old K&N is louder than this intake system? I'm upset abou tthat as I was very seriously considering to buy this intake once for the sound... but then again. They make good products. I love my handbrake cover, love the sports pedals. Hate the eyelids I bought off them... but that's OK wink

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Justin Fox:
<strong>Well the Autodelta cold air intake definitely made a difference I could feel without me touching the ECU.

I'd love to hear your exhaust now Ulf. Man been trying to get the exhaust guys over here in Sydney to get rid of those exact two resonators you bypassed but so many of them do not want to do it in fear that my car will be too loud. Bastards!

And so all that techno music and hype about the maxxair intake... and the wat they say the sound is tuned etc etcis all bull? You're saying your old K&N is louder than this intake system? I'm upset abou tthat as I was very seriously considering to buy this intake once for the sound... but then again. They make good products. I love my handbrake cover, love the sports pedals. Hate the eyelids I bought off them... but that's OK wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Justin!

Yes, it's not as loud as the K&N, which is not strange, considering the extra piping. Of course the new and mouch louder exhaust does a good job at cancelling some of the induction noise by rumbling too, so the difference might not be that big in the end... :D

Yep, this exhaust is not tuv-certified though, so you can get some problems with that in some countries I guess... You can always buy the 'cup pipe' from Novitec as a separate part, or get someone in Australia to make one?

/ulf/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts